The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 610

AlpineZone

Page 610 of 632 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6313
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I figured you would love that comment. Well-written letter to folks yesterday. You have nothing to be upset about--you really were very successful during a very interesting 18-year period. Are they going to name a trail after you?

And I also apologize for getting after you about snowmaking (like Mr. Hawk). It is easy for us to be arm-chair ski area owners without putting any skin in the game.
    Of course, you may have spent enough at the CRP to have "skin in the game"....

"Win's Way" rolls nicely off the tongue...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I will jump in also and say basically the same thing. Your body of work here will be looked at as a huge success. Sugarbush and the Mad River Valley has been a special place for me and my Wife over the last 15 years. We have skied more powder, gone on more adventures and gained so many(countless) new friends. All because of the resort. I think that the approach Summit Ventures has taken with it's business was thoughtful and respectful of the Valley and all it's businesses and people. This is very unusual and hard to duplicate in this very competitive industry. Much respect goes to you Win for always trying to do the right thing even when it might have cost you a few extra dollars. I may have said a few things over the years about snow making or policies but those were minimal and sometimes selfish. I apologize for that. Customers always want more. I realize that you can't do everything and have it exactly perfect for everybody.

My fear and probably the fear of most regulars is that something might be lost with the big company. Being a skier/owner is unique in that you want to see things go in a way that makes it better for the skiers. You understand what we all want and like. Corporations and shareholders sometimes get lost in the numbers and loose site of the importance of the customers needs. Time will see and I hope you can influence your newly arriving management to understand the valley, the people and the vibe that makes us so special.

Thank you Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I figured you would love that comment. Well-written letter to folks yesterday. You have nothing to be upset about--you really were very successful during a very interesting 18-year period. Are they going to name a trail after you?

And I also apologize for getting after you about snowmaking (like Mr. Hawk). It is easy for us to be arm-chair ski area owners without putting any skin in the game.
    Never name a Trail while one is still around 😀this blog has also been fun to banter with because of the passion shown. That in my opinion is what makes our community special. When I move on someday, maybe I will get a different account and become passionate too😀

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Never name a Trail while one is still around ��this blog has also been fun to banter with because of the passion shown. That in my opinion is what makes our community special. When I move on someday, maybe I will get a different account and become passionate too��
    In other words...expect the username NotWinSmith123 to tear Hawk a new one when he "critiques" Sugarbush's snowmaking strategy in the future
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Never name a Trail while one is still around ��this blog has also been fun to banter with because of the passion shown. That in my opinion is what makes our community special. When I move on someday, maybe I will get a different account and become passionate too��
    Just wondering if the golf course was part of the sale? What becomes of that, still yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredmonkey254 View Post
    Just wondering if the golf course was part of the sale? What becomes of that, still yours?
    Yes it is and all will remain the same. The only thing I retained are the four unsold Gadd Brook homes.

Dudes, like Win must have made serious bucks on SB. Bought for $6m and sold for $60+m, or maybe more. All you guys talking bout how his tenure is so so wonderful. Well, sb has seen very modest improvements over the many years, but someone walked away with tens of mils. It ain't you, skiers, that benefited from Saint Win.

oh ok...

thanks for explaining business for us.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 3
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO

Total Ski Visits 3

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23

Win, can you give some insights into why Slide Brook operates only on weekends and holidays these days? Are there weather and/or evacuation considerations that go into determining when that lift can run? Thanks!

Thread Information