• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Los

My shot-in-the-dark attempt to trade SB vouchers for killington vouchers failed miserably. Oh well. Happy to give them away. Let me know if you’d like one or more (I have at least 5). Although if you’re reading this thread you probably already have a pass!
Vouchers are claimed! I’ll get back to everyone who messaged me.

Hawk

Winter Storm Watch is up for Friday night and Saturday. We are in the 12-18" band in the mountains looks like. Most of it will fall during the day Saturday. Doesn't look like much on the ground for Sat morning. Just bad driving.

KustyTheKlown

yea, i cancelled my white river junction hotel and splurged for a friday to sunday stay at the 1824 house in waitsfield. this is so much more expensive than i am comfortable with. but would rather spend $600 than wind up in a fucking ditch. driving from white river junction to sugarbush at 7 AM and back at 4 PM both sound fucking ditchy to me.

cdskier

yea, i cancelled my white river junction hotel and splurged for a friday to sunday stay at the 1824 house in waitsfield. this is so much more expensive than i am comfortable with. but would rather spend $600 than wind up in a fucking ditch. driving from white river junction to sugarbush at 7 AM and back at 4 PM both sound fucking ditchy to me.
Simply driving back down to Waitsfield at 4PM on Saturday could be an adventure!

rocks860

Well feeling better about my decision to go up this weekend. Won’t be there for the actual storm but I’ll be skiing Monday

TSQURD

You may be a little less pumped when you see the damage from earlier this week. Only 60% open now. Natural trails are basically rock & ice flows. Going to need more than a few hours of snow Sat AM to get any more terrain open. Expecting a lot of people with limited terrain to disperse everyone

cdskier

I think people should wait to come up. Leave the mountain and new snow to the people already up here :daffy:

Zand

Black Diamond, Upper FIS, Exterminator, and Bravo are all listed as open so theres some hope for the natural stuff I'd say. Really just depends on the totals...hopefully the 18" comes into play.

HowieT2

You may be a little less pumped when you see the damage from earlier this week. Only 60% open now. Natural trails are basically rock & ice flows. Going to need more than a few hours of snow Sat AM to get any more terrain open. Expecting a lot of people with limited terrain to disperse everyone
well aware of what the current situation is, but I'm prepared to take one for the team

MidnightJester

What about wInd holds on Lifts from this storm at the mountains? I see possible 30mph winds and 50mph gusts on Sat and 25mph+ gusts on Sunday. No idea on direction and timing of the winds with the mountains