• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

NYDB

With the snow just beginning here, I’ve opted in for the breakfast today
I'm a bit worried for you that you'll be too spoiled for the rutland comfort inn or manchester econo lodge after this weekend. Don't get hooked on that high thread count and gourmet breakfast.

Last edited:

slatham

Even with NR down I see no lines on GMX via the CAM at 10:55am.

Bravo and VH a mess.

BUT HG is now loading.

Have fun.

Kingslug20

Interesting conditions..soft this morning..temps dropped..base froze..but its dumping..getying better quick
Sitging in rumbles watching it accumulate..my wife needs food...
I..would not be in here..i don't need food..its a cliff bar day

Zand

Already over to snow 200 miles south of Sugarbush. Not sure if the cold trend will be a positive or negative as far as total QPF in the north.

cdskier

Heavens gate chair is..kaput...the rowds have arrived
It has been up and down like crazy. I lucked out earlier and got one of the first few chairs after it started loading after it reopened the first time. It was ski right on and no one yet realized it was open again. Ripcord and Lower Ripcord were pretty sweet with the powder that accumulated while it was hold. Of course it was back on hold again before I even made it down RC!

That wind is really starting to pick up though...

KustyTheKlown

0DD8B559-423A-4BC2-B700-9607A1E48095.jpegHeavens gate came back online and me and my buddies rode it ski on 4 runs before it went down again

Legit face shots today

Photo is paradise. I was maybe third down after they opened it

Hawk

We were right behind you I guess. Skied an untracked Spills. Wind is really rippin now. Everything closed except Gate house. Hopefully it stays snowing all night. Tomorrow could be good.

teleo

Was on bravo just before it closed. Chairs swinging in the wind. Same for VH. Rare to see both shut.

STREETSKIER

Cast rock opens tomorrow
Is heavens gate going too ? Hmm
Great day. going to rip it up all week
Might even go to k this week

Zand

Just got up here...at North for the afternoon. Cars parked all the way down to German Flats but I was able to get into row 1. No lines. Let's go!

cdskier

Cast rock opens tomorrow
Is heavens gate going too ? Hmm
Great day. going to rip it up all week
Might even go to k this week
Looks like HG just re-opened (again!). I managed to get one of the handful of chairs that loaded the 2nd time it opened this morning (a bit after 11 I think it was). Didn't even make it all the way up before they closed it again...but that run down Paradise was absolutely one of my all time best runs. That powder was DEEP up there. Incredible.