• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

rocks860

I’ll be out there tomorrow so hopefully there’s still some leftovers with heavens gate being down for part of the day

Shredmonkey254

Looks like HG just re-opened (again!). I managed to get one of the handful of chairs that loaded the 2nd time it opened this morning (a bit after 11 I think it was). Didn't even make it all the way up before they closed it again...but that run down Paradise was absolutely one of my all time best runs. That powder was DEEP up there. Incredible.
It feels good to be so completely destroyed. 6 laps on HG was a gift this afternoon! They got that sucker running like a swiss watch now. Best pow runs of the season up there for me today. A 3rd beer will put me on tilt! Looking forward to tomorrow

Zand

Only managed 5 runs in the 2 hours I was there but it was a nice warm-up for the week. Started on FIS which had some scratchiness under foot but more than doable. Into some low angle woods off Lookin Good which were in nice shape.

Next 4 runs were all mixes of Exterminator/Bravo and the surrounding woods. High angle stuff isnt great over there, but decently doable. Nice and soft in the low angle stuff. We're back at that stage where "one more storm" would make things pristine but I don't think it's in the cards.

Based on the pics and totals from Jay, I'm glad I'm heading up there for two days. It also sounds like South is a little better than North, so that's where I'll be Wednesday on the way home.

Overall, a much needed shot in the arm to at least get things open again. Ready for a great week!0313221424.jpg
0313221441.jpg
0313221545.jpg

KustyTheKlown

1702B6BC-852A-4537-B381-B2AB5199B2F6.jpegFirst few runs at Lincoln peak today were dreamy. I didn’t make it up HG today but still skied plenty of great pow

KustyTheKlown

Did you hop into any of the woods off Valley House?

Steins woods to bail from steins which was just a bit scratchier than I wanted it to be. A few good turns then a nasty snake that took my ski off.

Xmas tree woods, good up top but I bailed when it got thicker and thwackier. But it’s skiable and skied in for you

Eden, all good, let er rip

Run of the season was first tracks down the groomed part of fling into the ungroomed trough skiers right, to the right side of snowball. from the snowball curve to valley house chair I had consistent untracked knee deep pow and face shots the entire way down uninterrupted

Great first tracks down twist, but more jerky due to the underlying ice bumps

Blurski

Yesterday was a good day to be a Patroller, they seemed to be lapping the CR on the lift. They put allot of time in and yesterday it payed of for at least some of them.

Hawk

I was really early on Sunday morning. First chair on Bravo for an untracked Domino Chute/Orgagrinder and then an untracked Steins. Both were really awsome. Obviously more snow on the ungroomed Steins but you had to do medium radiius turns or you went down to that icy bottom.
Ended up on the 3rd Chair on HG at 8:00am. Lift stopped 1/2 way up and then continued to stop and start and they stopped loading. There might have been 40 people total on the chair. Skied the right side of Ripchord all to myself. The wind deposited about 12" to 18" and maybe more once you got down to the spillsville area. Untracked perfect run all the way down. Maybe the best run of the year for me. Things got chopped up quick. I hear the tails of skiing in the woods. I tried a few places but hit all kinds of shit. I have one serious injury under my belt from skiing woods too early. That is a card that I am most hesitant to play these days.

rocks860

5DB242B2-FD19-4061-9765-3D3F3938BCFA.jpeghad to hit paradise this morning as I missed it when I was up in February. Was not disappointed that’s for sure.

Attachments

• D41E2B66-4674-4F57-8C4D-32835372011F.jpeg
    D41E2B66-4674-4F57-8C4D-32835372011F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • C0CC7E3B-A268-4593-819B-9A3F1648340A.jpeg
    C0CC7E3B-A268-4593-819B-9A3F1648340A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

HowieT2

Great weekend. made peace with winter for me. now ready for spring skiing. for the record, 8 powder days, 4 at SB 4 in BC which is about my average.
storm skiing saturday. got stuck on heavens gate with Hawk and then went over to mellon. cars parked as far as the eye could ski but not crowded.
sunday morning got to LP before 9 and still had to park all the way at the back behind the compressor. Even with heavens gate and castlerock down it didnt seem crowded. At the height before lunch the line at bravo was about 10 minutes. my theory is, there a lot of ikon pass holders skiing but few day trippers, no buses, and those are the folks who don't know wtf theyre doing and make things chaotic.
anyway, caught HG when it started up around 2 pm. paradise was sublime except for the dickhead who turned into me as I was going down the headwall skiers left. slightly sprained ankle but otherwise fine. Paradise woods was great. lot of snow there.
can't think of a reason they didnt run castlerock yesterday. lift was spinning the whole day. weak sauce.

little birdie told me they're looking at replacing the nrx summer '23.

KustyTheKlown

Great weekend. made peace with winter for me. now ready for spring skiing. for the record, 8 powder days, 4 at SB 4 in BC which is about my average.
storm skiing saturday. got stuck on heavens gate with Hawk and then went over to mellon. cars parked as far as the eye could ski but not crowded.
sunday morning got to LP before 9 and still had to park all the way at the back behind the compressor. Even with heavens gate and castlerock down it didnt seem crowded. At the height before lunch the line at bravo was about 10 minutes. my theory is, there a lot of ikon pass holders skiing but few day trippers, no buses, and those are the folks who don't know wtf theyre doing and make things chaotic.
anyway, caught HG when it started up around 2 pm. paradise was sublime except for the dickhead who turned into me as I was going down the headwall skiers left. slightly sprained ankle but otherwise fine. Paradise woods was great. lot of snow there.
can't think of a reason they didnt run castlerock yesterday. lift was spinning the whole day. weak sauce.

little birdie told me they're looking at replacing the nrx summer '23.

i was the 2nd to last chair to get stuck on Saturday morning on HG, so the second to last to unload.

i reckon they didn't spin castlerock bc it would have gotten skied off so fast and been all jagged rock and caused a lot more work for patrol. patrol put some sexy lines down on castlerock run that you could see from bravo.

i left at like 1:15, bummed i missed heavens gate opening but always glad to get back to NYC area before dark. i like daylight savings