• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Andrew B.

the best band to play on the regular at sugarbush is soul monde, imo. russ and ray are in trey anastasio's side project bands and they are serious players. it was sweet when i randomly walked into castlerock pub one day after skiing to find them throwing down.
Saw them NYE at Sunday River a few years back.
I have seen TAB several times but it was cool seeing them do their own thing.

CrazyFingers

We played the weekend before the Covid shutdown in March of 2020 at the Hyde and the CRP. It was pretty crazy…. We definitely had the feeling that was going to be our last gig for a long time. We were correct.

Shredmonkey254

The skiing is fine. Just talking about another passion for some.
reading about what y'all listen to, you be speaking a foreign language to me, excepting music being the universal ❤️
WFH today, watching the webcams and waiting for tomorrow - my playlist of lp's listened to today, so far - mostly new releases:
Paul Cauthen, Alabaster de Plume, Labyrinthitis, Soulglo, Charlotte Adigéry, Cate Le Bon, Belle & Sebastian and Wilco now.
Don't know who's up next! It is all good! and hoping the sliding will be too! Snowing good at top of the hill, not so here in the valley.

Shredmonkey254

reading about what y'all listen to, you be speaking a foreign language to me, excepting music being the universal ❤️
WFH today, watching the webcams and waiting for tomorrow - my playlist of lp's listened to today, so far - mostly new releases:
Paul Cauthen, Alabaster de Plume, Labyrinthitis, Soulglo, Charlotte Adigéry, Cate Le Bon, Belle & Sebastian and Wilco now.
Don't know who's up next! It is all good! and hoping the sliding will be too! Snowing good at top of the hill, not so here in the valley.
Wish I could get into jam bands. Saw moe at Sugarloaf a bunch of years ago - I just did not get it. But that electric, mouth-blown digeradoo thing the dude was playing was certainly interesting and mildly entertaining, I guess you can say memorable!

Lotso

Who rented out ME today? I see GMX spinning and people loading and skiing. Nice corn I imagine

Hawk

I was on first chair at Bravo at 8:30 and first chiar at heavens gate. Where were you Win! Oh, sking was really really good this morning. No corn to be found, well not until after lunch but it got a little sticky. Great ski day. No one here for how good it was. Time for an apre marg.

cdskier

I was on first chair at Bravo at 8:30 and first chiar at heavens gate. Where were you Win! Oh, sking was really really good this morning. No corn to be found, well not until after lunch but it got a little sticky. Great ski day. No one here for how good it was. Time for an apre marg.
I know he was out there. He was right in front of me in the singles line at Bravo around 9. Yes...really good out there this morning. I hit Paradise which I didn't think would happen again this season...

Shredmonkey254

Forget the music conversation. 5” so far tonight and Groomer Dan texted that “it is working”. I think tomorrow could be surprisingly nice especially under mostly sunny skies.
Great intel! Thanks Win, today was a wonderful day at the Bush! Followed Robert up not Bravo an HG with his bubble machine. Good times!

Attachments

• ACC2F288-EAA7-4921-9EF9-3BAF8F0ABAD3.jpeg
    ACC2F288-EAA7-4921-9EF9-3BAF8F0ABAD3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33

WinS

I was slow starting and started up at 9am and missed those first tracks on Ripcord, but still had a couple of nice runs. I would have been on the chair with CD if the person if front had their pass in the right spot. When Lili joined me we went to sunrise and that was the nicest groomed run this morning. I do plan on early-ups tomorrow though.

The ME renter was not the guy with the big house but another long-time passholder. He sure lucked out on the day.

cdskier

I was slow starting and started up at 9am and missed those first tracks on Ripcord, but still had a couple of nice runs. I would have been on the chair with CD if the person if front had their pass in the right spot. When Lili joined me we went to sunrise and that was the nicest groomed run this morning. I do plan on early-ups tomorrow though.

The ME renter was not the guy with the big house but another long-time passholder. He sure lucked out on the day.

I felt bad that you got stuck behind them and I didn't wait for you...but I didn't want to hold up the line for the other people that were behind me.

Still amazes me how many people don't have their pass in the right spot!

ducky

Went out at 1:00 and had to park in the Warren House lot. The heli lot was closed. Seemed busy to me but I don't usually get out weekends.

Last edited:

Smellytele

Was there yesterday. Things are going fast. Paradise was sketchy can’t imagine it being open after yesterday. Same with morning star.
Gondolier will be done soon as well. obviously coffee run has plenty on it.
Stein’s softened up nicely in the afternoon. Ripcord was great as well. Jester was getting a little brown in the afternoon but coverage was fine.

urungus

phish was first love stuff for me. i started begging my parents to let me see phish in 98 (13 years old), and they relented in 99. first concerts i went to without dad. previously i had been with dad to springsteen and buffet (his choices) and dmb msg 1998 (my choice). i went to phish at nassau 10/7 and 10/8/99 and then saw them at radio city 5/21-22/2000. i started seeing the biscuits 12/29/2000 at a weird venue on long island called the Vanderbilt that is now a steakhouse and off track betting parlor. i loved phish so much, but found them to be wholly underwhelming after the break-up reunion in 2009. they just stopped reliably jamming, and shows turned into 20+ pretty corny 7 minute-ish songs with predictable guitar solos. occasionally they break the mold and do something interesting, but the unpredictability of when that is going to happen mostly just frustrates me. so i see phish only when its local and convenient and inexpensive now. which, living in NYC, is pretty easy so i catch phish once a year or so. have not since pre-covid tho.

love ween. been a long time since i have seen them. i combined a colorado ski trip with their post-breakup reunion shows a few years ago. they always play around here during ski season so i haven't seen them in a minute. my girlfriend also CANNOT STAND WEEN. they're gonna be around june 10 but i am going to Montreal that weekend to be in Montreal but also to go see sigur ros perform, which i am so excited for.

Some friends dragged me to Phish’s first ever West Coast show on 3/28/1991 for $1 at the Catalyst Club in Santa Cruz
Not really a big jam band fan though, wish ski areas had more heavy metal acts.