• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

I know a few of your pose by sight only. I see them all the time. You would recognise me.
Missed you Sunday am. Got in a couple of finals runs down Sunrise at 9am after a couple on Ripcord. Monday was nice corn snow and the groomers pathed things up nicely after setting up overnight. Looks good through Wednesday and then we will see. You might not have to pond skim to get wet. But it’s still days away.

AbominableSnowman

FYI: According to one of the people manning the Ikon booth at Sugarbush this past Saturday, 4/2/2022, the deadline for receiving the $100 renewal discount for a 2022/2023 Ikon pass is on/around 4/20-4/21 this year. Curiously, the deadline date wasn't included in the most recent announcement email, yet it seems likely that they will post a reminder email soon which will include the most up-to-date information.

slatham

I've been surprised and a bit disappointed TBH that they haven't posted any "sale ends date" for the renewal discount.

Hawk

Those like myself, who are going to get it have alreadys done so to get the discount. The rest of the procrastinators will get a warning. They are not going to quietly close the sale off. We will get inundated with "you better get it now" e-mails. I am sure they are waiting to formally set the date based off the numbers and what they are recieving for proceeds. So what is so disapointing?

cdskier

Those like myself, who are going to get it have alreadys done so to get the discount. The rest of the procrastinators will get a warning. They are not going to quietly close the sale off. We will get inundated with "you better get it now" e-mails. I am sure they are waiting to formally set the date based off the numbers and what they are recieving for proceeds. So what is so disapointing?

I'm definitely getting it...but I'm also a procrastinator and just haven't actually done it yet. It is weird to me that they don't just set/communicate a date right from the start. I wouldn't call it disappointing though. Just strange.

mikec142

Bought mine two weeks ago. Looking forward to getting a ton of use out of it next season.

This was my second Ikon season. The previous year, I got a ton of value. This year not nearly as much, but it's mostly my fault. I had two western trips this season that were to Epic resorts (Vail and Telluride). Both trips were planning by someone else and while I had amazing times, I didn't have a ton of say into the destination. I'm hoping that Telluride follows Sun Valley and makes the move back to Ikon because I have close friends who now live there and I can see Telluride becoming an annual trip.

Edited to add I also had a three day trip to Gore.

Last edited:

djd66

FYI: According to one of the people manning the Ikon booth at Sugarbush this past Saturday, 4/2/2022, the deadline for receiving the $100 renewal discount for a 2022/2023 Ikon pass is on/around 4/20-4/21 this year. Curiously, the deadline date wasn't included in the most recent announcement email, yet it seems likely that they will post a reminder email soon which will include the most up-to-date information.
just bought mine, thanks for the reminder. Just another great reason why I spend hours of my time reading posts on the AZ! (my wife still does not understand) :p

TSQURD

The original announcement & email about the 22/23 passes had the date. First item under IKON PASS COMMUNITY MEMBER BENEFITS

Los

I have one full voucher left (in addition to a bunch of 50% off vouchers) - if anyone would like it, please let me know.
I still have that one full voucher left - I was surprised no one claimed it! Anyway, it's still available if anyone would like it, just let me know.

Hawk

I will have about 50 days at Sugarbush, 4 days at Killington, 5 days at Sunday River and 6 Days at Palisades Tahoe. I definately got my money's worth.

cdskier

Damn...I'm behind this year. I'm probably only going to get to around 40 at SB and 1 at Windham on my Ikon this year. Still definitely got my money's worth though!

djd66

I will have about 50 days at Sugarbush, 4 days at Killington, 5 days at Sunday River and 6 Days at Palisades Tahoe. I definately got my money's worth.
if you are employed full time, that is impressive!

HowieT2

Nice. I got 21 total. 20 at sb and 1 at red.

Hawk

if you are employed full time, that is impressive!
The only benefit of Covid was the work from home thing. My wife and I did work from home Fridays and worked up there so we got to ski a few hours every Friday afternoon. 3 day weekeds add up quick plus 7 days over Christmas/New Years.