• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

BenedictGomez

Well I guess I'm just gonna go and see what happens. I don't know that any place else is going to be better and I want to get in one last sugarbush fix in for the year. Praying for snow!

Smuggs, Stowe, and Jay Peak will all be better. Go north if "better" is your primary concern.

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Smuggs, Stowe, and Jay Peak will all be better. Go north if "better" is your primary concern.

Sugarbush is basically the limit as to how far I can justify for a day trip. Jay would basically be 5 hours each way. Smuggs is 4 and a half. Stowe is probably about the same distance but 25 bucks more for a lift ticket, will it actually be any better being that close?

rocks860

Advance ticket purchase for Sugarbush is $82, Stowe $89. You will need to purchase a $5 RFID card for Stowe if you don't already have one.

I do not have one, haven't been there in years. Liftopia has sugarbush for 81, only have 2 day Stowe tickets for 178. My question is will there really be any difference between sugarbush and Stowe

WWF-VT

I do not have one, haven't been there in years. Liftopia has sugarbush for 81, only have 2 day Stowe tickets for 178. My question is will there really be any difference between sugarbush and Stowe

Depending on weather that comes through your best bet might be the upper half of Mt Ellen for the best conditions.

slatham

You guys need better weather skills.....

It's snowing above 2,000' right now in North Central Vt. Snow levels will drop this evening to 1,500 with 2-4"', more at the summits. Could be some lingering snow showers tomorrow - who knows how much at elevation.

I'll bet Heavens Gate, castle Rock, North Linx and Summit never got rain, and pick up 4"+.

Wish I could go......

zyk

Was there today. Snow only from heavens gate up. Rain below but turned to all snow around 5 pm.

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Well got my ticket, the snow report says 6 inches up top but who knows is that's real. Hoping for more snow today

benski

Well got my ticket, the snow report says 6 inches up top but who knows is that's real. Hoping for more snow today

6inches till you get about 500 feet down from the top then like 2 inches. The upper mountain is good.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Worked Heaven's Gate for the past two days and got it again tomorrow. Rode Paradise twice today, my first time on that trail in 2 years. Conditions on it couldn't have been better. Excellent coverage, nice snow. That 6" was pretty dry up top but got more moist the lower you got. Temps were surprisingly mild today, but gonna be about 10 degrees colder tomorrow.

rocks860

Worked Heaven's Gate for the past two days and got it again tomorrow. Rode Paradise twice today, my first time on that trail in 2 years. Conditions on it couldn't have been better. Excellent coverage, nice snow. That 6" was pretty dry up top but got more moist the lower you got. Temps were surprisingly mild today, but gonna be about 10 degrees colder tomorrow.

Well then I'll be seeing you tomorrow!