• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

I saw this on the Sugarbush Youtube channel. I have to say this video feels like a good bye video or something like that.
Is there something we should know Win? Or is it just thank you in general which is a sentiment I fully agree with.

Thank you Win
Hopefully the latter. Skied 17,286 vertical yesterday mostly on Ripcord. Not a bad day 127. Hats off to the Sugarbush team for a fun weekend, it was great to see The Plaza rocking again with some terrific entertainment.

cdskier

Hah...I love Facebook memories during ski season. Today Facebook memories reminded me that both 3 and 4 years ago today we were still skiing lift-serviced Castlerock terrain!

KustyTheKlown

tomorrow looks beautiful if you can get out on the friday, and Saturday the wet seems to want to hold off til later in the day. but yea i hear ya

STREETSKIER

Monday was the top spring day
Friday will be nice also
Tonight’s rain and tomorrow’s sun and heat will hurt what little is there
Headed south BC85D7B6-F975-4707-80AC-BA3A2897AE1B.png

Hawk

Yup. Probablly my last Friday ski club tommorrow for the year. I am starting my Bike season in ernest. I might make it up for a day the next two weekends but if it is not warm and sunny I am out! Who's skiing tomorrow?

cdskier

I took today and tomorrow off from work since they're likely my last days of the season (heading back to NJ on Saturday for Easter with family...then have a wedding in NJ next weekend).

Today was actually a really nice spring day out there. Ripcord was the pick of the day and I was lapping that quite a bit. The sun and some blue skies were even peaking out from time to time this morning. I'll be out there tomorrow morning again at 10 when the lifts open...

cdskier

No grooming tonight per the afternoon snow report...that will make tomorrow a bit different...

STREETSKIER

Good thing they open at ten
Give them time to shovel
Bad sign when they say no grooming
Hanging on by a thread
Hawk go to Killington believe me

Last edited:

WinS

Downspout on Friday was about the worst I have skied it other that one Easter Sunday morning, but it was open so one could get to Ripcord which was still skiing very well and the sun softened up skier‘s left. The groomers were out last night and it is snowing lightly, so I will venture out around 11am and do a few laps at least. Hopefully, Downspout holds up because Ripcord will last through next weekend. Hopefully Stein’s will get a groom to set it up for the week And get more skier’s on it. However, groomer Dan‘s last day is Sunday before he heads off to his annual Aruba vacation. He did a great job on Ripcord all winter.

Hawk

I will agree with Win about Ripchord. it was really nice. Organgrinder was also really good up top. Lower Organgrinder is done. Large dirt, mud and rock section says to me put a fork in it. Spring fling is hanging in there. We should get one more week of that. I am not sure about Downspout and Jester so we will see if HG lasts. Steins was really good also. Tons of snow we should have that for the rest of the year however long that is.
1650118034891.jpeg

Smellytele

Was there today. They got about 1/2” to cover the bare spots up top. Made it interesting. Downspout was “okay”. Hopefully Tuesday they get a little snow. Skied ripcord and jester a few times.
Hit upper og once. It was a slide, hit a bump, turn and slide - repeat. Stein’s was fun

cdskier

Downspout on Friday was about the worst I have skied it other that one Easter Sunday morning, but it was open so one could get to Ripcord which was still skiing very well and the sun softened up skier‘s left. The groomers were out last night and it is snowing lightly, so I will venture out around 11am and do a few laps at least. Hopefully, Downspout holds up because Ripcord will last through next weekend. Hopefully Stein’s will get a groom to set it up for the week And get more skier’s on it. However, groomer Dan‘s last day is Sunday before he heads off to his annual Aruba vacation. He did a great job on Ripcord all winter.

Ripcord was definitely the pick of the day both Thursday and Friday. If Friday ends up being my last day of the season, I'm quite satisfied with that for an ending. It was really a beautiful day with blue skies, warm temps, and soft snow. I'd have to imagine today was a pretty empty day on the mountain based on how few cars were in my condo parking lot this morning when I left to head back to NJ. It was emptier than most mid-week days this winter.

DS7_5181r.jpgDS7_5194r.jpgDS7_5222r.jpgDS7_5276r.jpgDS7_5281r.jpg

Stein's is deep...possibly deeper than I've ever seen it at this point in the season. As long as there's no unusually warm weather, I think that easily makes it to the May 1 closing date. Not so sure about others even Spring Fling making it that far though. Spring Fling seems a bit thinner than usual for this time of year...although it also wouldn't be the first time the groomers work some magic and surprise me with how much they can move around to keep that going for longer than I think.