• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

I posted the link to the preliminary proposal with the national forest service a few pages back in this thread just in case missed it- definitely says fixed grip...

Yup...fixed grip quad with a lower profile. I'd bet it follows the same alignment though. There's no reason to even think about changing the alignment.

hovercraft

I wasn’t thinking HSQ, fixed grip like the valley house. It was be nice to have a loft that was more comfy, more room, and a bit faster.

hovercraft

Don’t know, maybe we get lucky that it can’t be fixed and they put a new one in 🤣🤣

KustyTheKlown

Ripcord was so fun today

i thought the whole place skied great, except for upper organgrinder, which was still too firm when i dipped a toe in around 10:30. only thing i didn't ski. the center of steins where it wasn't TOO bumped up skied great. upper liftline under super bravo skied super fun with the soft bumps and huge grass/dirt spots to navigate. murphys groomer side was amazing at 9 AM, and ungroomed side amazing at 11:30. really solid day.

mikec142

Yup...fixed grip quad with a lower profile. I'd bet it follows the same alignment though. There's no reason to even think about changing the alignment.
It seems like a ton of extra work to change the alignment. Wouldn't they have to move towers? I will say that it is a bit frustrating that you have to climb to get to OG and Jester. But that's not a reason to do the extra work.

cdskier

It seems like a ton of extra work to change the alignment. Wouldn't they have to move towers? I will say that it is a bit frustrating that you have to climb to get to OG and Jester. But that's not a reason to do the extra work.
Yup...you'd have to move towers (which isn't necessarily a huge deal since a new lift is going to have new towers installed and new footings installed anyway I would think) and also cut trees for a new lift line (this is a bigger issue IMO and something they'd want to avoid). And as someone else mentioned, going to the very top would likely result in more wind holds. Considering they want to make the new lift lower profile to help reduce windholds, it would be counter-productive to then go and terminate the upper end higher up where it would be more exposed to wind than it already is.