• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

Maybe they will surprise us and go back to full Rim Run & Elbow opening and then Upper FIS for the Turkey Tumble!

slatham

For those in the know, any chance they are targeting Elbow and Northridge for early season GMVS training? They have also been training area for Swiss women in prior years prior to Killington WC. And Inverness has been late to get covered these past few years IIRC. So might they be pushing for Northridge to run with downloading on GME?

Edit: or summit, as I see Summit running this am, whereas NR still has chairs on the ground.

Last edited:

tumbler

They would be pushing for Summit with downloading on GMX. My guess is they did not blow from summit to top of northridge to save it for when temps are only good up top.

Hawk

From what saw on the web cam, it did not look like they were blowing lower elbow down to North ridge yet. It looked like they were blowing the cut over back to the summit chair. There has been no suttlebutt about opening up Ellen Early but if they have snow, I am sure they will reach out to the ski teams to let them know.

foofy

The last time I rented was in 2006. We rented a 900 sf unit at Village Run Condos for $6K for the season. 2 bed on bath. I bet they aer now $10k - $12K
I rented a similar (renovated) unit there in 2013. $7.5K for the season. $12K or more now very likely.

Blurski

If you can't find help..in bagel store for 25 an hour..
Well..I have no answer..
I drive by that sign everyday on Rt 7 & think $50k a year to work in a bagel shop and it appears they are not getting any takers. If that was the pay in the valley 4 ski bums probably could make it work.

IceEidolon

If you can't live close enough to commute because there just aren't any open long term rentals, and all the locals already have jobs... From how far away are your staff gonna drive?

HowieT2

temps look crappy until sunday.
I'm trying to talk my wife n daughter into going up for thanksgiving instead of going to the inlaws. This is not helping my cause.

drjeff

For those in the know, any chance they are targeting Elbow and Northridge for early season GMVS training? They have also been training area for Swiss women in prior years prior to Killington WC. And Inverness has been late to get covered these past few years IIRC. So might they be pushing for Northridge to run with downloading on GME?

Edit: or summit, as I see Summit running this am, whereas NR still has chairs on the ground.

The GMVS athletes are out in Colorado now, and will be through Thanksgiving time (pretty sure that's what my friend who's daughter is a student there posted on his FB page recently).

The academies have all basically realized that pre Thanksgiving, the training is in Colorado at Copper, Loveland and A-Basin, as the snow is more reliable, and with most academies across the country doing the same thing, the competition is good there too

IceEidolon

temps look crappy until sunday.
I'm trying to talk my wife n daughter into going up for thanksgiving instead of going to the inlaws. This is not helping my cause.
What's your threshold? There should be decent snowmaking after the weekend, at least enough to get something open.