• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

driving through the snow is half the fun (don't tell my wife I said that). but I'm not expecting poor road conditions tomorrow evening. Have to decide whether to take my pickup with AT all weather tires or the wife's suv with better tires.
thursday night should be ok. we have our f'ing holiday party thursday and missing it would be really bad work optics. I'm bummed. take your better tires.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
The snow report says they're moving to Lower Snowball and Racer's Edge next for snowmaking (although also looks like someone accidentally checked off "Lower Snowball Woods" for snowmaking in the trail report instead of "Lower Snowball" 🤣). Seems like a good plan to me to get another VH route done next. If I had to guess, I'd say after Ripcord maybe Lower Jester/Lower OG would make the most sense.

Looks like snowmaking has started on Middle Jester (as evident by the Domino Chute/Lower Jester on the report). Also they finally moved "Lower Snowball Woods" from Lincoln Peak to Gadd Peak.

I bet next comes Hot Shot/Waterfall and Sleeper. Its never a good idea to run a lift line during the holiday week.

cdskier

Looks like snowmaking has started on Middle Jester (as evident by the Domino Chute/Lower Jester on the report). Also they finally moved "Lower Snowball Woods" from Lincoln Peak to Gadd Peak.

I bet next comes Hot Shot/Waterfall and Sleeper. Its never a good idea to run a lift line during the holiday week.

Yup to all of this. Also noticed Lower Snowball Woods moving. Funny that they only moved that one though when at the very least they should also move Eden (I'd probably argue everything other than maybe Grand Stand should be moved to Gadd since that's where all the trails next to those other woods are listed).

cdskier

Looks like snowmaking has started on Middle Jester (as evident by the Domino Chute/Lower Jester on the report).

Not indicated on the snow report, but they were making snow on Lower Organgrinder as well. Meanwhile only part of middle Jester had snowmaking on it. The first loop after Domino Chute did not have any equipment setup or snow made on it yet. Below that point it looked like the rest of Middle Jester had active snow-making.

The snow on Upper Ripcord that they made skied nicely this morning on the edges of the whales. Lower Ripcord was a bit slick though.

Blurski

Looks like we are in for some nice terrain expansion this weekend.
Does anyone know if this is the weekend all of the programs start up? I hope not, I always thought that lined up with North opening in an effort to move the North pass holders out to help make room for the programs.

cdskier

Looks like we are in for some nice terrain expansion this weekend.
Does anyone know if this is the weekend all of the programs start up? I hope not, I always thought that lined up with North opening in an effort to move the North pass holders out to help make room for the programs.
The Blazer programs run January 7th through March 26th according to the info on SB's website...

Blurski

The Blazer programs run January 7th through March 26th according to the info on SB's website...
That is good news, everyone from out of town should not drive to VT this weekend, you might get stuck in VT and not make it back home for the Holiday!
Best left to Vermonters to ski in what ever snow we end up getting.

Reactions: Los

cdskier

That is good news, everyone from out of town should not drive to VT this weekend, you might get stuck in VT and not make it back home for the Holiday!
Best left to Vermonters to ski in what ever snow we end up getting.
Good advice! I agree everyone should stay away (I've been up here since the weekend...so too late for me! :snow:)