• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

Seems vt did well on the backside. Better than further east. Bolton called it a pow day. I’ll hit bolton or sugarbush on my way home from qc on nye

Kingslug20

Hitting bolton for the first time tomorrow..
Not expecting much..just some noodling around with my wife..
Heard it was pretty much empty today..

djd66

Reading the reports from Buffalo, imagine if the bush somehow had those lake effect snows?

Hawk

Today was a good day. No one here. I skied all around and found lots to ski. It was not as scrapy or icy as I expected and if you skied in the right places, the wind blew the little powder we got into pockets. Middle earth was the best run.

drjeff

Too early to tell what will happen next weekend. 7 days is a lifetime in NE weather. Happy Holidays to all…..
Unfortunately this season so far, it seems like as the 7 days out potential systems get closer, the trend has been for them to get worse, not more favorable.....

awalker

Does anyone have an update on when northridge will fire up
I wonder what the future is for this lift. How much longer can it reliably run for? It seems to have had a checkered past, detachables seem to have shorter life spans than fixed grip lifts, and many other detachable lifts of its vintage are being replaced. Will Alterra invest the capital to replace it, or will they focus their $ on the infrastructure at Lincoln Peak (Heaven’s Gate and Bravo) and simply phase out North Ridge? It’ll be a real loss for skiers If so given the vertical and terrain that it covers.

cdskier

I wonder what the future is for this lift. How much longer can it reliably run for? It seems to have had a checkered past, detachables seem to have shorter life spans than fixed grip lifts, and many other detachable lifts of its vintage are being replaced. Will Alterra invest the capital to replace it, or will they focus their $ on the infrastructure at Lincoln Peak (Heaven’s Gate and Bravo) and simply phase out North Ridge? It’ll be a real loss for skiers If so given the vertical and terrain that it covers.

There were rumors last year that they were planning to replace NRX in the relatively near term. Not sure if those were true or not though. To me that lift can't simply be eliminated and needs to be replaced at some point (and I think the vast majority of Sugarbush skiers would agree with that assessment). Eliminating it removes a rather substantial amount of uphill capacity at ME and also significantly alters the way the mountain is skied. To me, NRX is THE main lift at ME. It allows you to access the vast majority of terrain off 1 single lift. I can enjoy lapping NRX all day. I can't say the same for either GMX or Summit.

Kingslug20

Ellen skis really badly without North Ridge, it pretty much makes or breaks the mountain.
So...maybe not go there tomorrow ?
Need some variety...
Haven't skied there much...
Without this lift I imagine it can get pretty crowded on the other 2