• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Kingslug20

Busy on Lincoln today...
I'll give it a try tomorrow..maybe we get lucky and get a few inches..

Kingslug20

Nope...looks like a long one...maybe with someone...my lungs took some damage building the new world trade center...can't hike like I used to.

Hawk

It's not 15 minutes unless you hike very fast and do not stop. It's 20-25 minutes if you take it slow and steady with short rests at the top of the 2 uphill sections. By the way the vertical rise on the hike is about 300 feet between the couple of ups so it is uphill. Just being accurate.

Hawk

The blackout is doing a nice job at keeping the crowds down. It is really not that bad. I waited maybe 5 minutes at Bravo once or twice. No line at Valley house or Heavens gate all day. Demo-ing skis yesterday and today. Blizzard Ruslter 10's, Nortica 104 Inforcers and the Black Crow Artis.

KustyTheKlown

It's not 15 minutes unless you hike very fast and do not stop. It's 20-25 minutes if you take it slow and steady with short rests at the top of the 2 uphill sections. By the way the vertical rise on the hike is about 300 feet between the couple of ups so it is uphill. Just being accurate.
Fair. But we can agree as to “not strenuous”, yes? Especially compared to literally any hike-to out west. Assuming slug has dabbled at least a little in his travels.

1dog

Fair. But we can agree as to “not strenuous”, yes? Especially compared to literally any hike-to out west. Assuming slug has dabbled at least a little in his travels.
If you get a little speed at top of Paradise and no one on trail, saves a 100 or so steps, then, when hiking with groups of people you get into a rhythm.

15 mins at best, I avg 20-25 mins but if crowded - 20 or more on trail, taking off and placing on boards/skis requires more time.

Its not a race, and the Church views are worth a stop. Sure beats 12,000' oxygen hike out west.

Sounds like the trails are well-skied in over there.

HowieT2

The blackout is doing a nice job at keeping the crowds down. It is really not that bad. I waited maybe 5 minutes at Bravo once or twice. No line at Valley house or Heavens gate all day. Demo-ing skis yesterday and today. Blizzard Ruslter 10's, Nortica 104 Inforcers and the Black Crow Artis.
I love my rustlers (11s).

Kingslug20

Just hiked out of lower fis at Ellen..so I imagine the hike to CR is no big deal.
Finding some good natural lines here..
I guess they really mean it when they say...long runout...

Kingslug20

I used to climb baldy at Alta...not recently though...that was killer...

Hawk

Comparing this to hiking out west at elevation is not the conversation. Sounds like Mr. Slug does not hike a lot lately. I do the castlerock hike quite a bit and when I did it in 15 minutes it was basically as fast as you can hike, short of a jog. I was in zone 4 for most of that and a sweaty mess at the top. The question/conversation is can he do it. The anwswer is yes he will be fine. All you younger types have to cut us old guys some slack.

Kingslug20

Need to hike more...used to a lot all year.
Now that I live up here I'm sure I'll be doing it more.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
I really miss my days at Mt Ellen... almost always a ghost town. It seems even moreso with NRX down still... any word there?