• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Since this is the Sugarbush thread, anyone know if “$30 Thursdays” is still a thing, or is that done and gone?
Its now $49 Thursdays and it starts 1/5. Last year it was $40.83 Thursdays. I still miss the holiday specials of yesteryear, even moreso that I have to pay for tickets now ($5.50 Christmas / $14 Valentines Day / $17 St Patty's / $30 Thursdays).

crank

Gatehouse lost power around 11:30 last night and shut down the Castlerock Pub. Was a fun time.

Hawk

That was crazy. The Detonators were rockin and then Boom! no power. Power was out all night not just in the Gate house but all of south village, Snow creek and the other buildings except Claybrook which appeared to have generator backup or was no a different feed. Delayed start today while they shake out any issues.

Lotso

Looks like NRX will start up. Lift ops working on ramp and corral

Hawk

There are no issues reported at Mt Ellen. Usual start times for all lifts. Northridge was working fine yesterday so I assume it will be fine today. Maybe. ;-)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Gatehouse lost power around 11:30 last night and shut down the Castlerock Pub. Was a fun time.
"Gee, that's too bad. It would suck if, say, a competitor up the road pulled the plug on your little party. STAY EPIC MY FRIENDS!"

pixel.gif
1672607846875.png

o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
pixel.gif

Kingslug20

Schnoozeling at SB now..better than rain..top fogged in but conditions are interesting...the groomers have about 2 to 3 inches of ground up...granular...some moguls forming up.
Trying out the new Head kore 105s...pretty good in the crud. 20230102_111919.jpg20230102_111916.jpg20230102_111913.jpg20230102_104052.jpg

WinS

Keep the faith. Remember the winter of the Valentine‘s Day, President’s weekend and Easter storms in late April. Winter didn’t start that year until February as I recall. Despite the ups and downs I have enjoyed my first 34 days. We’ll see what the next few days bring. Hopefully cool enough to get the Snowmakers working again.

mister moose

Keep the faith. Remember the winter of the Valentine‘s Day, President’s weekend and Easter storms in late April. Winter didn’t start that year until February as I recall. Despite the ups and downs I have enjoyed my first 34 days. We’ll see what the next few days bring. Hopefully cool enough to get the Snowmakers working again.
Awesome run that was. I think it snowed St Pattys Day as well that year. On the less inspiring days I view it sometimes as going to the gym. Gets me in shape to ski the good days a little better.

cdskier

Awesome run that was. I think it snowed St Pattys Day as well that year. On the less inspiring days I view it sometimes as going to the gym. Gets me in shape to ski the good days a little better.
It sure did...that was back when I only visited SB once a year for a long weekend and St Patty's happened to be the weekend I was there that year. I remember it very vividly!

Kingslug20

Groomers are ok..but going to take a lot to get the good stuff going again...
I'll be there tomorrow though...day 22