• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Smellytele

NH and western maine look best positioned for this minor event. i am skiing loon tomorrow. they seem to have a lot open with good solid snowmaking base. 1" down, another 2" tonight. east coast pow day tmrw baby
At Wildcat today. Lightly snowing. Barely collecting on the ground. 2 1/2 ways down from the top and no snowmaking taking place anywhere on the mountain.

thetrailboss

Staff member
At Wildcat today. Lightly snowing. Barely collecting on the ground. 2 1/2 ways down from the top and no snowmaking taking place anywhere on the mountain.
I bet that the wetbulb is too high. It is foggy and raining/misting here in the NEK.

Kingslug20

Spring skiing...wet snow...only ice was on organ..I did not partake but watched some brave souls slide down it.
Birch was cool...sleeper was in great shape.
Decent 4 hours..20230106_122608.jpg20230106_120824.jpg20230106_102314.jpg20230106_102312.jpg

Shredmonkey254

Spring skiing...wet snow...only ice was on organ..I did not partake but watched some brave souls slide down it.
Birch was cool...sleeper was in great shape.
Decent 4 hours..View attachment 55848View attachment 55849View attachment 55850View attachment 55851
Thanks for photos, looks like today was pleasant but with the temps for the weekend going below freezing - well below on Saturday night - I think it will be more fun to stay south and go mountain biking instead. Looking forward to the next snowstorm!

Kingslug20

Driving up about 16 miles away it was snowing heavily...pretty much disappeared as I got closer...2 inches reported at the top.
Flurries....see what I can get in before the hordes arrive.

Kingslug20

Arrive at 730...leave at 10.
Ripcord was great..spent 4 laps on it...then moved around a bit..nice and empty...
Lynx was closed for snow making...was ok up there yesterday. Then the hordes arrived...see ya.
Oh...birdland looks almost skiable..lol..
20230107_084831.jpg20230107_084829.jpg20230107_082804.jpg20230107_082741.jpg20230107_082641.jpg

pinnoke

Hey Sugarbush Friends: Taking thoughts off of skiing for this question, though Sugarbush-related! I'm steering away from AT&T for my cell phone, though I'm (only) satisfied with my coverage/reception while at Sugarbush. Anyone have good or bad experience to share with Verizon or T-Mobile? THANKS.

cdskier

Hey Sugarbush Friends: Taking thoughts off of skiing for this question, though Sugarbush-related! I'm steering away from AT&T for my cell phone, though I'm (only) satisfied with my coverage/reception while at Sugarbush. Anyone have good or bad experience to share with Verizon or T-Mobile? THANKS.

Verizon works well for me on the mountain and decent at my condo at North Lynx (I have AT&T as well for my work phone and it is terrible at my condo but ok on the mountain itself). Verizon for the most part is pretty decent around the valley. Once you head south on 100 there's virtually no coverage with Verizon until you either get almost to K or head over to the other side of the greens. AT&T has at least a few spots along 100 between MRV and K where there's a bit of coverage.

SkiTheEast

I had T-Mobile a few years back (pre-Sprint merger) and coverage was non-existent. I would barely get texts and would data roam on AT&T (on a deprioritized basis, you would get a very limited amount of data before it would downshift to like 2G). I'd be curious to know if the experience/coverage has improved since the merger with the deployment of Sprint's mid band spectrum.

Regarding Verizon, worth pointing out that they've proposed putting a tower over by the Sugarbush Airport but still working through the public process.

Keelhauled

There was a survey done this past fall I think across VT that found AT&T had the widest coverage and fewest dropped calls across the state. This was a huge surprise to me since I have AT&T and it's kinda garbage pretty much universally in the valleys. Everyone I know who has Verizon is happy with it, and they have service in a lot of places I don't.

machski

There was a survey done this past fall I think across VT that found AT&T had the widest coverage and fewest dropped calls across the state. This was a huge surprise to me since I have AT&T and it's kinda garbage pretty much universally in the valleys. Everyone I know who has Verizon is happy with it, and they have service in a lot of places I don't.
That is surprising on AT&T. I still remembered the dawn of the iPhone when it was only on AT&T and VT residents couldn't own one as AT&T didn't even serve VT back then.

Hawk

There is a new tower at the top of village run they put in about a bunch of years back for Verizon service. I think Win cut a deal with them because service was so poor around the hill. My company phone is verison and I get full bars everywhere at sugarbush and it is OK in Waitsfield. Warren is spotty but works for the most part.

pinnoke

There is a new tower at the top of village run they put in about a bunch of years back for Verizon service. I think Win cut a deal with them because service was so poor around the hill. My company phone is verison and I get full bars everywhere at sugarbush and it is OK in Waitsfield. Warren is spotty but works for the most part.
I've had ATT since the 'beginning' (Cellular One, etc.). Coverage/dead zones/dropped calls, etc. have gotten progressively worse; and I'm not referencing the Sugarbush area. But, I don't want to switch if it results in poor Sugarbush coverage. From what I'm hearing here, I'd better be careful about switching to T-M. Comcast's mobile plan uses Verizon's infrastructure, and is currently a less expensive option that Verizon directly. But, dealing with Comcast for everything else has always been so frustrating! Thanks, all, for your input.

SkiTheEast

My understanding is that there are both Verizon and AT&T antennas on that tower up on the top of village

jimmywilson69

my buddy who has t-mobile had service basically the whole way between Killington and Sugarbush sans Granville Gulch. Verizon is basically nothing in that same area.

Hawk

That may be the case. I don't travel. Also I don't shop around for the cheapest plan. I have stuck with verizon and they have done fine by me. Good service and no hasels. Beats all the back and forth to save a nickle.