The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 690

AlpineZone

Page 690 of 724 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 7236
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I think it's fair the topic be discussed in a thread devoted to the resort with the single most expensive Eastern lift ticket. Not that it's a very interesting topic, but the $139/$129 strikes me as highway robbery. Does Stowe even cost as much? Killington is a few bucks less. I can't find the rates for Stowe. I guess it's like a Rolls Royce where "horsepower is sufficient".

Killington was practically my home mountain for years but they priced me out lately
    Stowe is $139/149 window rate. So move this over to the Stowe thread if you think it belongs in "a thread devoted to the resort with the single most expensive Eastern lift ticket"!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Stowe is $139/149 window rate. So move this over to the Stowe thread if you think it belongs in "a thread devoted to the resort with the single most expensive Eastern lift ticket"!
    Really! All I knew was 3 years ago they were $119/$129.

You make a good point about putting it in the Stowe thread (not that there is one, and you Sugarbush regulars are a particularly ornery bunch when it comes to criticism)... but my point that this is way outpacing inflation is also very valid.

But it would also be a much more boring conversation if you guys didn't get defensive AF about absurd window rates. Sugarbush is one of my favorite ski areas too ya know. Lucky I get to hit it once or twice a year on various promos I guess.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

You make a good point about putting it in the Stowe thread (not that there is one, and you Sugarbush regulars are a particularly ornery bunch when it comes to criticism)... but my point that this is way outpacing inflation is also very valid.

But it would also be a much more boring conversation if you guys didn't get defensive AF about absurd window rates. Sugarbush is one of my favorite ski areas too ya know. Lucky I get to hit it once or twice a year on various promos I guess.
    I'd genuinely be interested in seeing your answers to the questions I posed in the other thread that dhs created dedicated to this topic.

And again though, there are so many ways to save significant amount of money off that window rate that really make it completely irrelevant. You can even pick up a discounted ticket from REI if you're a member there.

.. back to Steins ..
    Reflected as groomed/open for Weds ..
    True or false?
    Additionally, when was sigi last groomed?
    Gracias

How about some interesting questions not related to window rates?

Like why was Lixi removed from Twist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods View Post
    I see it shown as such on the 19/20 trail map online, but the trail report link on the web site has always left out "Lixi's". Same goes for the "Rush" in Black Diamond Rush and the "Joe's" in Cruiser. Come to think of it, it was only a couple years ago when Lixi's and Joe's were added to the map, despite being signed in the field for several few years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    I see it shown as such on the 19/20 trail map online, but the trail report link on the web site has always left out "Lixi's". Same goes for the "Rush" in Black Diamond Rush and the "Joe's" in Cruiser. Come to think of it, it was only a couple years ago when Lixi's and Joe's were added to the map, despite being signed in the field for several few years prior.
    They are still officially Lixi’s Twist, Joe’s Cruiser and Sigi’s Ripcord. Just abbreviated on snow report. The air pipe should be prepared but the temps are going to be only in the mid to high twenties so we will likely hold off for some colder temps this evening. We are just building depth for the spring so want to cover with nice dry powder. That will keep Stein’s alt nice for the rest of the season.

Sugarbush had a record day on Saturday with 10,000 skiers I believe. I would say that your absurd ticket price didn't have that much affect. I really do not care about the daily ticket prices and I will not defend the policies. These prices have little to do with anything unless you are a very specific minority. The topic is dead and if the price keeps a few stingy people away from Sugarbush then so be it. Also you must realize your rant will have zero affect. Alterra now sets the prices. You will have to wait until next year to see if there is any changes. Snowmaking affects me. That is what I spend my time commenting on.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods View Post

How about these?

- Why does a bowl of soup cast the same as chili? Soup should be marginally less don't you think?
    - Can we get a piece of bread when we order a salad?
    - Can you add an extra cross piece to the ski racks so that the poles don't fall over at the slightest touch?
    - Would it be possible to open (or re-open actually) a connection from Semi-Tough to the area south of the GMVS Poma so it can be skied while racing/training is possible? Come in from S-T below the 1st pitch, exit back to S-T just before the bottom of the poma.
    - Why are ticket prices so h-- Wait, never mind...

On a positive note- I have been meaning to tell the powers that be that the splash guards they put in the urinals last year, or maybe the prior year, are much better than what was there before. And you may have thought people don't notice these things.

Oh yeah- is was crowded this last weekend, as it should have been. Parking was a challenge but not impossible. Lift lines were really not an issue. If this is as long as they get, we are spoiled. Was much worse when all chairs were doubles back in the day. Still better than just about any area in southern VT on a regular weekend. I guess it is just such a shock to see a measurable line that people go all nutso about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Alterra now sets the prices. You will have to wait until next year to see if there is any changes.
    If?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information