The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 695

AlpineZone

Page 695 of 723 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697705 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 7225
    I like the wide spaced trees, makes for a prettier trail, and I'm not comfortable in a true glade just yet. Murphys, sleeper, and birches are all just more terrain that are great for my skill level and thats cool with me! just hoping for no rain and no bad winds at this point.

I seem to bring rain and wind with me every freakin time I come up north... I was at bretton woods over new years, the mountain that never has wind effecting the lifts, right? they did the day I was there. quad shut down 1/2 hour into the day. at least we got a ton of powder though.

Last edited by ericfromMA/NH/VT; Jan 24, 2020 at 10:24 AM.

Does this Endless Winter Pow-chaser belong to anyone here? Living the dream... (note the NJ plates)

010AB7C2-3742-4187-A505-1023F8D966F2_1_201_a.jpg

i should do that. i've looked into tear drop trailers, but my little rogue sport isn't really built to tow, and i dont have a garage/driveway and parking my car with a trailer on brooklyn streets is just a comical concept. pick up with a camper would be more doable. would be a pretty hardcore move, but would save me a lot of midnight driving if i could just comfortably sleep in parking lots.

I was thinking of adding a used Nissan Xterra to my vehicular line-up and potentially car camping.

I think I have higher aspirations now though.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    That's not true. BG IS the utmost authority on virtually any subject. Just ask him. Big brain on that guy. Tremendous IQ. No one knows more about all the things than he does.
    PROJECTING: psychological defense mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Does this Endless Winter Pow-chaser belong to anyone here? Living the dream... (note the NJ plates)
    That. Is. Awesome.

Not really needed at Sugarbush, but it would be great for places with little to no lodging (e.g. Plattekill, Gore, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    That. Is. Awesome.

Not really needed at Sugarbush, but it would be great for places with little to no lodging (e.g. Plattekill, Gore, etc.)
    my interest in teardrop trailers was piqued at belleayre two years ago. this couple had the coolest set up and were gracious enough to let my gf and i take a very close look. super cool. basically a small queen size bedroom on wheels with a kitchen that pops up out of the back of the trailer.

The "Sugarbush Thread"

We rented a truck camper just like that to travel around BC/Alberta last summer - it was amazing. Truck campers are great because they can go almost anywhere and you’ve always got your kit with you. After a hike we could take a beer out of the propane fridge, cook something on the stove, then take a shower. Totally luxurious after decades of tent camping. It even had a propane heater so we didn’t get cold when nighttime temps dropped below freezing.

Definitely gave us the itch to get one for ski bumming....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by parahelia; Jan 24, 2020 at 4:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    my interest in teardrop trailers was piqued at belleayre two years ago. this couple had the coolest set up and were gracious enough to let my gf and i take a very close look. super cool. basically a small queen size bedroom on wheels with a kitchen that pops up out of the back of the trailer.
    Wife and I keep talking about a T@B teardrop trailer. When we were dating a got a fortune cookie that said I would spend my old age traveling around in a motor home.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    got a fortune cookie that said I would spend my old age traveling around in a motor home.
    Most oddly specific fortune cookie ever.

Thread Information