• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

ericfromMA/NH/VT

Anyone got some suggestions on places to stay around Sugarbush that are like northern lights or the commadore up at stowe? We stay at the warren lodge and love the place, but its just a room, whereas the motels listed above have indoor pools, sauna, and game rooms. Next time we come up we are looking to stay somewhere that has amenities like NL and Commodores, if they exist in the area. If not, we will enjoy the Warren Lodge.

Cant sell one of my kids to afford to stay at sugarbush itself right now, but someday my kids will enjoy that heated outdoor pool after skiing all day.

Thanks all!

crank

The Whitehorse has a game room. That's all I got. MRV is lacking in that segment of lodging.

cdskier

Maybe the The Bridges? I seem to remember they had an indoor pool way back when I was looking at properties when I was buying a condo. It is condos and not a motel/lodge though.

crippity

stay at the bw in waterbury. drive is nothing. great pool. ping pong/air hockey, great common area. my motto if you are not slopeside what is difference between 25 min and 10

djd66

If you are looking for a pool, you could always use the SHARC or hop the fence at Claybrook

WinS

Anyone got some suggestions on places to stay around Sugarbush that are like northern lights or the commadore up at stowe? We stay at the warren lodge and love the place, but its just a room, whereas the motels listed above have indoor pools, sauna, and game rooms. Next time we come up we are looking to stay somewhere that has amenities like NL and Commodores, if they exist in the area. If not, we will enjoy the Warren Lodge.

Cant sell one of my kids to afford to stay at sugarbush itself right now, but someday my kids will enjoy that heated outdoor pool after skiing all day.

Thanks all!
The Sugarbush Health and Recreation Club is open to the public. It has a pool, kids zone, sauna and hot tubs. There is information about it on the website.

crank

The Sugarbush Health and Recreation Club is open to the public. It has a pool, kids zone, sauna and hot tubs. There is information about it on the website.
Yeas, forgot about that because I've never been. We have a gym rat friens who stopped skiing, he never did ski much, and he takes advantage of that often while my wife and I ski with his wife.

That could get a little pricey with a flock of kids? Not nearly so dear as staying at Claybrook though.

mikec142

I'm usually a cup is half full kind of guy, but man, the weather forecast for the next ten days is rough.

KustyTheKlown

Thanks all!

i love the commodore.

funny commodore story. a few years ago my girl and i were staying at the commodore and sharing a room with another couple. we arrived pretty late and assumed our friends would be asleep. the night manager who wasn't the brightest bulb gave us our keys. we get to the room and our friends arent there, but the bathroom door is closed and the shower was on. assuming our friends were showering together, i said very loud 'oooooooooo sexyyyyyyy'. at the point my girlfriend realizes that the stuff in the room is def not our friends, being that there is only one set of clothes/shoes, belonging to a woman, and a credit card on the dresser with a name that was not my friends wife. totally given the key to the wrong room. we left immediately. some woman was probably terrified on the other side of the bathroom door.

djd66

i love the commodore.

funny commodore story. a few years ago my girl and i were staying at the commodore and sharing a room with another couple. we arrived pretty late and assumed our friends would be asleep. the night manager who wasn't the brightest bulb gave us our keys. we get to the room and our friends arent there, but the bathroom door is closed and the shower was on. assuming our friends were showering together, i said very loud 'oooooooooo sexyyyyyyy'. at the point my girlfriend realizes that the stuff in the room is def not our friends, being that there is only one set of clothes/shoes, belonging to a woman, and a credit card on the dresser with a name that was not my friends wife. totally given the key to the wrong room. we left immediately. some woman was probably terrified on the other side of the bathroom door.
I was hoping this was going to turn into a Penthouse Forum type story :ROFLMAO:

crank

The incongruity of having all those sailing pictures at a ski lodge in Stowe. What's up with that?

ducky

The incongruity of having all those sailing pictures at a ski lodge in Stowe. What's up with that?
The owners are sailors. Also big back country skiers. I have done Hell Brook a couple times with them hiking up from the gondy.

ducky

I know I asked the owner. Still kind of strange IMO.
There's lots of sailing in Vermont. Both Lake Champlain Yacht Club and Mallett's Bay have racing programs. Many local skiers, in particular ski racers, are sailing in the summer on the lake. You can see the Greens to the east and the Adirondacks to the west and where else can you smell cow manure while watching an incredible mountain sunset from your boat?

KustyTheKlown

i never gave the nautical theme of the commodore a second thought. its stowe. its new england - home of cape cod, nantucket, martha's vineyard, Kennebunkport - what do all the rich yacht types do in the winter? they ski in stowe.

the commodore is a little shabby now (i mean that with so much affection), but you can certainly see how in like 1985 that place was luxe serving the luxe

ducky

i never gave the nautical theme of the commodore a second thought. its stowe. its new england - home of cape cod, nantucket, martha's vineyard, Kennebunkport - what do all the rich yacht types do in the winter? they ski in stowe.

the commodore is a little shabby now (i mean that with so much affection), but you can certainly see how in like 1985 that place was luxe serving the luxe
I wouldn’t exactly describe the people sailing as rich yacht types. That’s a bit of a stereotype. One could just as easily say rich skiing types as skiing is prohibitively expensive for most people.