• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

skiing does skew rich tho. as does sailing. these are both high end luxury recreational pursuits for privileged people. just because many of us are wholesale purchasers and savvy customers doesn't change the general demographics of these two obviously high end activities.

crank

I've owned a few boats. Now I charter occasionally, or sail on friends boats. Better than owning one for sure.

cdskier

I had to double-check and make sure I was in the right thread. Somehow the Sugarbush thread has turned into a discussion about a particular lodge at Stowe and boating...

KustyTheKlown

lol someone asked if there was a commodore-ish place in the mad river valley. would be great if there was, honestly.

mad river barn maybe, but that's more expensive and has less 'stuff'

Kingslug20

Ok...everyone back on track!!!
Yesterday was a zoomer groomer day...did venture into some moguls later in the day as it warmed up a bit....disappointed CR pub was closed...great steak sandwich!

crank

I'm going to Jackson. Should have gone this week like I wanted to but the wife wasn't ready work-wise. Should still be good and we will find some tracks though we may have to skin for them.

Sorry to keep drifting from Sugarbush. At least there's no sail boats at Jackson Hole!

KustyTheKlown

I'm going to Jackson. Should have gone this week like I wanted to but the wife wasn't ready work-wise. Should still be good and we will find some tracks though we may have to skin for them.

Sorry to keep drifting from Sugarbush. At least there's no sail boats at Jackson Hole!

they are gonna get a small dose on the 14th-15th and it looks pretty good starting around the 18th.

Kingslug20

CR and Slidebrook open tomorrow...
Considering today's temps...and tonight's temps...CR will be...interesting?

Kingslug20

And it's still snowing...but..I'm bagging it today...a few inches won't last a weekend crowd..