• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Is Wünderbar really closed Mon-Wed per the webpage?

Where can several skiers go midday to have an outdoor lunch? Chez Henri is still indoors only?

If you were hosting some greens-to-easy-blue skiers who don't want to be pushed or challenged, am I pretty much limited to the Gate House Quad chair? Is taking the Slide Brook chair over to Mt Ellen greens worth the effort or difference?

Take Slide Brook over and hit up Walt's at the Glen House... there's a nice outdoor deck there, or the base lodge/Green Mountain Lounge upstairs. Both decks overlook the mountain, unlike Gate House.

There are some nice mellow blues over at Ellen too. Rim Run/Panorama is one of my favorites. There's also the Northstar/Cruiser/Which Way trifecta, which are typically groomed regularly, if not nightly. Usually a lot less crowded over at Ellen too, a little more laid-back vibe over there. If you wanted to stick with LP, Snowball and Jester should be perfectly doable in the "easy blue" realm... just watch the descent on Downspout if you're going towards Jester, which can be "interesting" if crowded. Start 'em small on Pushover, then Hot Shot and Sleeper and go from there. There's always Birch, too on North Lynx... that's the general next-step progression after Gate House.

cdskier

Did they get GMX running?
Nope...still listed closed on the report. Inverness and NRX were the 8am chairs again this morning.

It would be nice to get an actual mountain operations update. SB has taken an absolute nosedive in terms of communication and transparency this year. Unless I missed something, the last actual mountain ops update from management was back in November when they had a blog post describing why they chose to open with GH for opening day.

djd66

Nope...still listed closed on the report. Inverness and NRX were the 8am chairs again this morning.

It would be nice to get an actual mountain operations update. SB has taken an absolute nosedive in terms of communication and transparency this year. Unless I missed something, the last actual mountain ops update from management was back in November when they had a blog post describing why they chose to open with GH for opening day.

My speculation, they are waiting on parts. Kind of sucks the don’t communicate better - that takes very little effort.

Lotso

After Wed-Friday temps, my guess is the woods will be sketchy or mostly gone. But, whatever snow does hang around after 3 days in the 40's and rain will lock down hard Friday night.

Sharp edges needed for Saturday for sure. Groomers will be delightful until 10 am Saturday.

cdskier

My speculation, they are waiting on parts. Kind of sucks the don’t communicate better - that takes very little effort.
On Saturday morning they had the lift corral setup at GMX and the snow report initially claimed GMX would be the 8am lift. But they opened with Inverness and NRX instead. Within a few hours they took down the corral at GMX and marked it as closed for the day on the report. Then maybe Sunday morning's report said they were waiting for parts. Best guess is the thought they had it fixed and then when they went to start it up on Saturday morning after fixing whatever the first issue was they discovered something else that required more parts.

But yes, communication should not be difficult. Complete silence from management since November is just odd...

djd66

On Saturday morning they had the lift corral setup at GMX and the snow report initially claimed GMX would be the 8am lift. But they opened with Inverness and NRX instead. Within a few hours they took down the corral at GMX and marked it as closed for the day on the report. Then maybe Sunday morning's report said they were waiting for parts. Best guess is the thought they had it fixed and then when they went to start it up on Saturday morning after fixing whatever the first issue was they discovered something else that required more parts.

But yes, communication should not be difficult. Complete silence from management since November is just odd...
That is where Win really shined,…. Not only communicating on the Sugarbush Blog regularly but coming on this forum and answering questions directly.

cdskier

25 dollar lift tix...3 inches of snow..the whole world is rolling in....

Honestly looks pretty empty considering the price of tickets today. I just looked at the webcam history for all the major lifts from this morning and most lifts were ski on the majority of the morning.

cdskier

Perhaps move this to its own "ALTERRA SUCKS" thread?

Sugarbush moves forward with plan to completely surround existing long-time homeowner with roadway.

Sorry...I don't have an issue with this. If the lots around yours are purchased by a single person/developer, so be it. Honestly it will look better with a driveway and new homes around it than it does now. The properties on those surrounding lots have been essentially abandoned for years (and either falling or fell down).

Personally I think it is great that the DRB already approved one phase of the housing plan SB proposed. Shows that SB is willing to work together with the town (unlike Vail that wants everything their way or else they'll threaten to sue).