• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Lotso

Any word on if SBX running tomorrow (Tuesday)? Report only says today. Interesting too is they have Inverness as 9 am opening and NRX as 8 am....go figure

cdskier

Any word on if SBX running tomorrow (Tuesday)? Report only says today. Interesting too is they have Inverness as 9 am opening and NRX as 8 am....go figure

You mean the snow report has inaccurate and incomplete information? I'm shocked! 🤣 I thought SBX runs every day once it opens, but I could be wrong.

(FWIW, they also had Sunrise listed as groomed today but it definitely wasn't...don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the bumps on it at the top and skied it a couple times, but I could see some people being a bit surprised if they don't notice soon enough to turn around and head to Birch).

KustyTheKlown

i met a dad and two sons on the chair today at jackson. one was maybe a teen. they were from lincoln and are sugarbush skiers. dad says how the kids rip. it was early in the day and they hadn't opened much terrain yet, and it was their first day ever at jackson. i give them a few tips on things to hit, and wish them a good trip. later on, after they got sublette open, im on the chair and the guy next to me is like 'woah those kids rip', i look down and this little sugarbush family of 3 is just crushing. hitting every little cliff drop, popping off of bumps, just so much damn style. i very proudly told these utahahns on the chair that those kids are sugarbush skiers, and those kids ski terrain like this with no snow on it.

slatham

i met a dad and two sons on the chair today at jackson. one was maybe a teen. they were from lincoln and are sugarbush skiers. dad says how the kids rip. it was early in the day and they hadn't opened much terrain yet, and it was their first day ever at jackson. i give them a few tips on things to hit, and wish them a good trip. later on, after they got sublette open, im on the chair and the guy next to me is like 'woah those kids rip', i look down and this little sugarbush family of 3 is just crushing. hitting every little cliff drop, popping off of bumps, just so much damn style. i very proudly told these utahahns on the chair that those kids are sugarbush skiers, and those kids ski terrain like this with no snow on it.
They’re like”Yippee I don’t need to spot the patch of snow for the landing!”

Kingslug20

You mean the snow report has inaccurate and incomplete information? I'm shocked! 🤣 I thought SBX runs every day once it opens, but I could be wrong.

(FWIW, they also had Sunrise listed as groomed today but it definitely wasn't...don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the bumps on it at the top and skied it a couple times, but I could see some people being a bit surprised if they don't notice soon enough to turn around and head to Birch).
I called birch...yard sale today...saw a bunch if that..
Glad they didn't groom it..needed some bumps...lower domino was good too

Kingslug20

Anyone wondering why crowds are so light around here...here ya go.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

I work with an instructor who was raised at Sugarbush, then went on to teach a few years each at Stowe, MRG, and finally Crystal before coming to Alta. She is one of the top skiers I know for off-piste skiing. Director is pissed she doesn't have her cert3 yet and she still hasn't cracked 30 year old :LOL:

thetrailboss

Staff member
As the old tagline said:

“Sugarbush: Where Great Skiers Ski!”

Lotso

Looks like it has been updated. Inverness at 8, so can put skins away to get to NRX

tumbler

I wish they would go back to grooming Murphy’s and Birdland together and not alternating each night especially on weekends like last one when all you can ski is groomers.

cdskier

I wish they would go back to grooming Murphy’s and Birdland together and not alternating each night especially on weekends like last one when all you can ski is groomers.

I was just saying this same thing to my cousin yesterday when I was talking to him...and on a holiday weekend no less right after a thaw/flash freeze alternating them really makes no sense.

jaybird

Not at all surprising .. the snow surface last few weeks at JHMR is like skiing in a bouncy house .. bottomless and dreamlike.
Colby Stevenson was King of Corbett this year. His parental heritage includes many days on Castlerock chair with our posse 👍