• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

mikec142

I've said it before, I don't get the love for Steins. I know it's iconic. But I can count on one hand (and cut off a few fingers) the number of times I've skied it where it hasn't been a sheet of ice.

djd66

I've said it before, I don't get the love for Steins. I know it's iconic. But I can count on one hand (and cut off a few fingers) the number of times I've skied it where it hasn't been a sheet of ice.
Right after a storm and when they are blowing tend to be good.

mikec142

Right after a storm and when they are blowing tend to be good.
I'm with you on the "when they are blowing" part...my favorite times I've been on Steins is with the guns. But after a storm I'm heading to the all natural trails or glades. That said, I'm sure Steins is fun after a storm.

Kingslug20

Sounds like Saturday Might be good. Hopefully
KS, when are you heading to Val d'Isere. Models are still trending to the positive starting next Wednesday.
Flying out tomorrow..just when the storm hits here...

Kingslug20

Steins is definitely fun right after they blow it...and sporty while they are blowing it...but..I like the mall better.

crank

I haven't skied Stein's in 5 years or so. I remember never being a huge fan because of the double fall line.

I used to lap The Mall which was my 2nd favorite run at Sugarbush.

KustyTheKlown

I skied steins earlier this season with the finest gun powder I’ve ever experienced

Hawk

I'm skiing this afternoon after some work. I guess I will have to give Steins a wirl. LOL

BTW - The Grift upstairs at Gate house Saturday Night at 7. Get your dancin shoes on!

KustyTheKlown

i just got home from the airport and i am not back to work til monday and i am so tempted to just get in the car and ski this storm. my girlfriend was surprisingly 'yea go to vermont' but i think this is a test/trap. also, i think a few days relaxing at home is in order after 13 straight days of intense western skiing. but fuck yea i just booked my shitty new england motels for next weekend and the following!

jimmywilson69

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

cdskier

I'm skiing this afternoon after some work. I guess I will have to give Steins a wirl. LOL

BTW - The Grift upstairs at Gate house Saturday Night at 7. Get your dancin shoes on!

I have meetings until 2...so don't think it pays to try to get out after that.

cdskier

If was working until 2 and Sugarbush was within walking distance the answer would always be it is worth it!

Assuming the meeting actually ended at 2 and didn't run over, figure 5 minutes to get dressed and throw my boots on, ~8 minutes to walk to the Out to Lunch trail and click into my skis. I can now either walk further to GH (or SB) or hop on the Village chair. Add all that up and you're looking at 2:30 best case scenario before I'm actually skiing on a real trail. Maybe I'm just getting lazy (or spoiled?), but if I can't get out of my condo by 1-1:30 and get at least 2 hours of actual skiing in, I tend to skip it.

Now if I had enough money to have a condo at Snow Creek where you're right next to Super Bravo, this discussion would be moot as I could be on the chair within 5 minutes of my meeting ending and there'd be no walking involved :thumbup: