The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 730

AlpineZone

Page 730 of 813 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740780 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 8123
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Lol! I don't even know where Im going or where I am for that matter.
    you mean like this?
    2-11-20valhalla.jpg

Read Bugaboo Dreams...about the invention of heli skiing and hiking..very interesting how they did it back then...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    you mean like this?
    2-11-20valhalla.jpg
    Damn snowballs ruining all that fresh powder. How can you even enjoy that?
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This is the internet and we live in America. To that extent you can have whatever opinion you want. But I am not showing anyone anything unless you come to me and ask and show me you can actually ski. I do share on occasion. Just like Treeskier and others did for people like me and Orca. Howie is a different animal. He appears and then disappears in a white puff of snow. I never know where he is going. The community in the back country is the same people day in and day out. I see the same faces at the bus and in the woods every weekend. But my favorite is when I see people in the woods that ask "where does this go" or "can i follow you" It takes all I have not to tell them to go blow or send them in the wrong direction. I don't because I feel responsible and usually screw up my own plan to get them out. I truly hate that.
    I can personally attest that Hawk has a generous spirit and is a lot of fun to ski trees with. He's even pointed me in the right direction a time or two.

How was it today?
    What is the crowd expectations? thanks+

Quote Originally Posted by CastlerockMRV View Post
    I take off my skis and carefully climb trees limb to limb until it's safe enough to drop in. Leave No Trace.

But realistically I do think there's a legitimate difference between talking about it on a place like this forum which seems to have maybe 2-3 dozen active participants vs. logging stuff on FATMAP or Strava.
    I think it’s a combination of technology, better equipment and the growing popularity of backcountry skiing. Just look at the skimos and the wait list associated with that program. If you’re worried about people finding lines reasonably accessible off of a lift served resort in this day and age, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. I wouldn’t count marked woods trails on the sugarbush map. That’s crazy town, of course those get skied to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great day today. A bit crowded but good conditions other than the wind blown stuff off of Bravo. Lower FIS skied great groomed but it makes the runout seem so much longer. I skied Exterminator and Spillsville for the first time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fun at Lincoln Peak today, especially walking to the car at ~3:45 as a hundred costumed dogs were all arriving and walking past me

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    fun at Lincoln Peak today, especially walking to the car at ~3:45 as a hundred costumed dogs were all arriving and walking past me
    Have some respect for the women of the valley!

Thread Information