• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

no better than any of the other options on i70. copper is boring. the 'expert' terrain is a joke. and if the tree skiing you are referring to is the union meadows area, its flat and is a shitload of run-out. looks like they put in a new chairlift that serves steeps since i have been there (three bears). maybe that make it less boring. but its boring.

crank

No. It's been awhile for sure but there is a bunch of stuff kind of not down the front that is not flat and is a good long ride. Like anywhere, Copper is a ton of fun with fresh Colorado blower pow.

My favorite area out there terrain-wise is actually Breck.

bill-now

I came across this old photo from around 1975 to 1978. It looks to be at Sugarbush South but I can't figure out which condo units these are. At first I thought it was Snow Creek but the angles and the unit numbering don't seem to match. Any ideas?DSCF8579.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF8579.JPG
    DSCF8579.JPG
    512.1 KB · Views: 12

Lotso

I know it is nitpicking, but as someone who knew Joe Riemer, it's a bummer to see them misspell his name for the past week....it isn't that hard to get it right.

That being said, the skiing is the bomb today.

crank

Yeah I've skied all those hills, except Keystone and Beaver Creek at least 4 or 5 days at each over the years. First time at Copper you had to hike to get to the top. Lot of hiking at Breck too. Did a lot of heavy breathing up there.

I like Arapahoe at lot. I can admit though that I get tired of the steepness and prefer some more, uhmm, bluer terrain. I love Vail too... just too damn crowded. Same at Breckenridge so I hear. Haven't skied Summit county in about 15 years though.

cdskier

I know it is nitpicking, but as someone who knew Joe Riemer, it's a bummer to see them misspell his name for the past week....it isn't that hard to get it right.

That being said, the skiing is the bomb today.

I'm a bit of a stickler for details, so things like that tend to bother me as well. I didn't get out today, but my dad made it up here and finally took his first turns of the season this morning. He reported that both Waterfall and Sleeper Chutes were groomed this morning, but neither were marked as such on the report. Just goes to show that there continues to be a number of little mistakes being made in the report on a somewhat regular basis this year.

cdskier

Heard from a patroller at north today while riding the lift that the plan supposedly is to replace 4 lifts in the next 3 or 4 years. They'll do 2 lifts per year, but not starting until the year after this one. So supposedly nothing new this summer going in.

mrvpilgrim

Heard from a patroller at north today while riding the lift that the plan supposedly is to replace 4 lifts in the next 3 or 4 years. They'll do 2 lifts per year, but not starting until the year after this one. So supposedly nothing new this summer going in.
If permits can be obtained (and that is a BIG if) major dollars slated for employee housing next year.
Probable equivalent to one ore two new lifts

cdskier

And on another unrelated note...enjoyed a final meal at Peasant last night before they close...definitely going to miss that place. I've been there more times than any other restaurant either in VT or back home in NJ by a mile...

334671323_232526965799158_3081717191932692000_n.jpg

djd66

Heavens Gate, NRX, GMX and Bravo?

djd66

He wasn't 100% sure, but those are the ones he thought it was. Makes sense if it was those 4 planned for replacement in the not too distant future.
Wow, that’s impressive if it is in fact the plan. Pretty much all the major arteries.

Hawk

I heard that they are waiting on the acutal quote to be finalized and then they can lauch. 24 most likely as it is too late for this summer. Good intel CD. Lets hope it all gets done. That would be awesome.