• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Very depressing...
I'm a bit miserable now watching it...

Yea...doesn't help at all that this is actually quite a bit more snow on the front-end than anyone was forecasting. Approaching 5" now on the Allyn's lodge snow stake.

cdskier

I'll try to get in at least a few runs tomorrow afternoon during the dry slot (assuming the wind doesn't put everything on hold). And then Sunday probably try to make it over to ME for closing day there to take at least a few runs. Just had my skis sharpened today to prepare lol...

I'm betting it will be pretty empty on the mountain this weekend. My condo parking lot looks more like a "busy" mid-week night now rather than a typical Friday night.

WinS

Groomer Dan just texted to say ”It’s not over yet rip first thing will be spectacular regardless of the weather 👍🤠⛷️

6-7 degrees colder at Summit now vs the base.

Keelhauled

Sort of changed over to a brief mist about 2:00 north of Sugarbush, but nothing meaningful, just enough to make the snow a little stickier and it didn't last for very long. So far temperatures not climbing nearly as badly as I thought they might. Could definitely be better then expected today.

Keelhauled

Sort of changed over to a brief mist about 2:00 north of Sugarbush, but nothing meaningful, just enough to make the snow a little stickier and it didn't last for very long. So far temperatures not climbing nearly as badly as I thought they might. Could definitely be better then expected today.
It could also be exactly as bad as expected today, the rain just moved in.

Kingslug20

Its...pouring...
But...clearing from noon to 5..then rain..then snow..then clearing Sunday morning.
So...I have no idea...

cdskier

Not sure if I've ever seen temps skyrocket so quickly. It was 34 an hour ago when I left my condo to run down to town. 36 in the valley when I got there. 37 in the valley when I left the store and it stayed that way most of German Flats...then all of a sudden maybe 1/2 mile or so from the Access Rd the temp started going up a degree every 10-15 seconds. 47 by the time I got to the top of the Access Rd...

Also, parking lot looks emptier than a mid-week day at the moment! I'll head over after lunch to see what things are like.

Granite1

Not sure if I've ever seen temps skyrocket so quickly. It was 34 an hour ago when I left my condo to run down to town. 36 in the valley when I got there. 37 in the valley when I left the store and it stayed that way most of German Flats...then all of a sudden maybe 1/2 mile or so from the Access Rd the temp started going up a degree every 10-15 seconds. 47 by the time I got to the top of the Access Rd...

Also, parking lot looks emptier than a mid-week day at the moment! I'll head over after lunch to see what things are like.
Will there be a freeze tonight? I'm eyeing SB for tomorrow?

ThatGuy

Monday and Tuesday should be good Spring conditions. Wednesday-Thursday looks like the first real torch. By the weekend trail counts will start dropping fast.

Kingslug20

Yup..will be out Monday Tues for sure...maybe ski in the rain too...not much else to do yet.