• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Kingslug20

We always start on birch. If the sun is out the moguls can be good. You can stay up there a while moving around on the 3 runs. Good start to the day.

Blurski

I missed the last few days at the hill, did Steins get groomed yet? Saving the snow for later in the season has lost it’s reasoning at this date.

Boxtop Willie

Going down memory lane...I miss the North Lynx Poma lift.
Remember getting yelled at by patrol for poaching the powder on what is now Morning Star.

Hawk

Im hearing the bottom 1/3 and the way out of slidebrook it a no go. Also Village run it done. Looks like you are hiking out or skinning back up.

cdskier

Im hearing the bottom 1/3 and the way out of slidebrook it a no go. Also Village run it done. Looks like you are hiking out or skinning back up.

Quite a bit of snow has disappeared in the last week at lower elevations. This coming week will likely take out quite a bit more of what is left too.

Hawk

I saw that. They were actually fire them out into the crowd between acts. Ha! So it looks like the Mountain has the same opinion as some of us.
Today was pretty fun. North Linx bumps were great and then the Music was really fun. I had an awesome time with old friends and some new.
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg

djd66

Classic spring day at the Bush with a ton of fun had by all!

What was up with Valley House Quad not running? Why did they start the pond skimming so early? In years past it started at around 11:30. 10:00 AM was too early IMO.

cdskier

View attachment 57989
They have still not groomed Steins. These were for sale in the courtyard today.

At this point I think they're going for a record of the LEAST number of times they groomed it in a season...that's a great shirt though.

Classic spring day at the Bush with a ton of fun had by all!

What was up with Valley House Quad not running? Why did they start the pond skimming so early? In years past it started at around 11:30. 10:00 AM was too early IMO.

Yea, great day today. Agree with Hawk as well about the great bumps up on NL.

I was wondering these exact same things though. No VHQ on a weekend (especially one that was expected to be busy based on weather and the events planned)? I'm guessing they're short-staffed...

Agreed as well about the start of pond skimming being too early. Thought I was going crazy and losing my memory for a minute, but was pretty sure I used to be able to get a bunch of runs in and still catch the beginning of it. An 11 or 11:30 start time is more in line with what I thought it was in the past. Would have been a little bit warmer as well if they waited.

ThatGuy

10am is very early for a pond skim…
Gotta let the participants have time to fuel up on liquid courage beforehand