• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Kingslug20

Superstar will have a lot more snow..and is waaaaay bigger than Steins.
Not sure if spring Fling will have survived by the weekend.

Hawk

I would bet that they will patch together snowball and Springfling also. I am obviously going to ski Sugarbush. Really no sense for me to commute an hour. I am also not a huge fan of dodging the human missles at K this time of year. It's going to be sunny and nice. I antisipate a huge crowd at K this weekend and I do not ski at mach 5 straight line bumps anymore. I would just be in the way or worse, a victim of the killing feilds.

Kingslug20

It's why I like fridays...think I'll save my last 2 K days for next week.
Maybe I will hit 100

abc

I am also not a huge fan of dodging the human missles at K this time of year. It's going to be sunny and nice. I antisipate a huge crowd at K this weekend and I do not ski at mach 5 straight line bumps anymore. I would just be in the way or worse, a victim of the killing feilds.
When I used to go to K in late spring as a routine. I found most of the skiers this time of year were good skiers. So while some ski fast, they didn’t particularly bother me.

I haven’t been to K since the pandemic. Maybe it changed?

Hawk

I am just going off reports from friends that have been there over the last 2 weeks. With so many IKON pass holders comeing from all kinds of areas, there is an added frenzy this year.

Kingslug20

But...it's one big run...super wide. The entrance can get a bit crowded...love when people stop on the run in...it's a bit narrow.

Domeskier

I am just going off reports from friends that have been there over the last 2 weeks. With so many IKON pass holders comeing from all kinds of areas, there is an added frenzy this year.
There are definitely a lot of yahoos there in the spring. The zipperline bump skiers are generally not the problem, though. They stick to a predictable, narrow line and generally follow good bump skiing etiquette (e.g., one skier at a time, wait until the line is clear to start, move off to the side after stopping etc.). It's the guys in cut-off jean shorts on fat skis weaving their way through the path of least and trying to launch themselves at every opportunity that worry me.

machski

When I used to go to K in late spring as a routine. I found most of the skiers this time of year were good skiers. So while some ski fast, they didn’t particularly bother me.

I haven’t been to K since the pandemic. Maybe it changed?
I usually only go on Fridays after the midweek ends. Normally very managable and not too rowdy a crowd on SS. Haven't been on a Sat/Sun in a while.

KustyTheKlown

i'm goin with k over sb saturday due to less distance and faster lift. i have to be back for a sunday morning thing. 49 and counting...

cdskier

My Facebook memories reminded me that in May 2014, we were actually still skiing T2B today! Ski patrol was shoveling snow on one section of Lower Ripcord to keep it open (just below the last cutover to DS). Pretty crazy...

chuckstah

You guys know anyone who could use some free Bush tix? PM me - I have three I'd hate to go to waste - could be able to transfer all 3 I think.

Thx
Is one of those still available? Or does anyone have a voucher? Skiing K/bush with Ikon peeps this weekend, all set with vouchers at K, but could use one for the day at SB. $99 for 2 trails....no go.

Kingslug20

Looks like tomorrow will be the first day the sun comes out and this fucking rain leaves...
I'll be there.