• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

kendo

Looks like they have welcomed some new investors into the fold. I'm curious as to who. And I would not draw any conclusions as to SB specifically quite yet.

Institutional (and maybe a couple folks from here?!). From SnowBrains...

Investors in the continuation vehicle include a diverse group of state and county pension funds, corporate pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, and insurance companies.

1dog

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Eagle Wind is an old fixed grip triple chair so no blaming technology
Which is Eagle Wind Howie? Never heard of that name- NL triple that used to be on Spring Fling?

MidnightJester

Sugarbush Daily Message​

9:39 AM: **Summit Quad will be delayed due to icing** Happy first day of February folks! Thanks to our snowiest January in a decade, we will be shredding on a healthy snowpack, ranging from 24 inches at the base to 40 inches at the summit. Our season total snowfall sits at 146 inches. Today the forecast calls for cloudy skies with comfortable temps hovering around 24 at the base and 33 at the summit. Unless there is a Inverted mountain temperature they posted that wrong. Anyone there?

How is the mountain besides lifts?? Where did the ICE and GLAZE come from last night? Uggggg, Low Clouds, Inverted temperatures? Any updates for those Weekend Warriors that are considering Sugarbush one of these days soon. Maybe even this weekend lol

Last edited:

Newpylong

I went back into the 70s on trail maps to look for a double as I don't remember one, and couldnt find one. There was a Poma though that went up lookers left into the Cats Meow/Racers Edge area though. The Spring Fling Triple I believe went to an amusement park. It was still there in 99 when I left the Valley, though not inspected. It never ran.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I went back into the 70s on trail maps to look for a double as I don't remember one, and couldnt find one. There was a Poma though that went up lookers left into the Cats Meow/Racers Edge area though. The Spring Fling Triple I believe went to an amusement park. It was still there in 99 when I left the Valley, though not inspected. It never ran.
Yes. Spring Fling Triple was removed in 2002 or so and sold to an amusement park. I remember it because it was a Borvig Triple, unlike their other lifts.

kingslug

Sugarbush Daily Message​

9:39 AM: **Summit Quad will be delayed due to icing** Happy first day of February folks! Thanks to our snowiest January in a decade, we will be shredding on a healthy snowpack, ranging from 24 inches at the base to 40 inches at the summit. Our season total snowfall sits at 146 inches. Today the forecast calls for cloudy skies with comfortable temps hovering around 24 at the base and 33 at the summit. Unless there is a Inverted mountain temperature they posted that wrong. Anyone there?

How is the mountain besides lifts?? Where did the ICE and GLAZE come from last night? Uggggg, Low Clouds, Inverted temperatures? Any updates for those Weekend Warriors that are considering Sugarbush one of these days soon. Maybe even this weekend lol
Was there a couple days ago...pretty slick but doable...was there an hour ago to pick something up...snowing.

tumbler

Wondering if Slide Brook will run this year. Short mechanics and I wonder if lifties are short staffed too. It’s been a week that it will be “ready in a week or two.” I don’t use it that much but I like having it as an option instead of the bus.

Hawk

The cam shows shoveling and someone walking about. I bet they operate this weekend.
On another note they have not done any snow making this week. I would have thought they would finish up Water fall which was blown light and maybe do some resurface for the weekend. Nope.

tumbler

Odd on the snowmaking since the snow report said Hot Shot and Waterfall were closed for snowmaking. The end of snowmaking for the season is soon anyway, it's normally done before Feb vacation week. Build the depth on Steins and Coffee Run and that's it.

cdskier

The cam shows shoveling and someone walking about. I bet they operate this weekend.
On another note they have not done any snow making this week. I would have thought they would finish up Water fall which was blown light and maybe do some resurface for the weekend. Nope.

They definitely did snowmaking this week. I saw it active on the cams earlier this week on the GH side (and I think even some guns going on the Valley House side one day as well when I looked at the cams).

Slidebrook87

Wondering if Slide Brook will run this year. Short mechanics and I wonder if lifties are short staffed too. It’s been a week that it will be “ready in a week or two.” I don’t use it that much but I like having it as an option instead of the bus.
They've been running it pretty much every day but it has been two weeks since they first said "we hope to have it running in a week or two". I imagine it might run tomorrow, but it could also need parts since it doesn't get much attention for the majority of the year.

jimmywilson69

Is there sufficient snow to run it? I always thought that was a requirement since a rescue needs sleds to access the corridor.