• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

There's enough snow on the roads in SB. On another note, I thought Valley House used to run on Fridays?

ducky

Was at North today and the Slide Brook lift was spinning with 3 or 4 sno machines and half dozen lift ops/mechs inc JP. Looked very much like they were preparing it to run with ramps being sculpted and chairs cleared.
When I did a Slide Brook run on Monday, there had been sno machine tracks checking the towers, so I think yes to enough snow.
Softer conditions today and some of the bump runs looked smoothed out. I did not go in the woods.

teleo

They were blowing hot shot and waterfall earlier in the week. Looked like they were letting it drain thurs. Bet the groom tonight for the weekend. Also put a little on upper snowball and fling wed.

thetrailboss

Staff member
As seen on social media..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

425572993_10106898487143367_2497219630123014988_n.jpg

cdskier

And when did CR get RFID Gates?! :oops: I know some old timers would have hooked them up to a truck/ATV and yanked them out. :ROFLMAO:

Been a few years...maybe the 2nd or 3rd year that they had RFID is when they added it to CR? Every lift has RFID gates now.

Hawk

At least 3 years I think. They upgraded all the upper mountain lifts. The mountain got sick of people hiking/skinning up and skiing all the upper lifts for free.

Hawk

They are blowing Steins and Coffee Run as I look out the window. It's time for the Spring build up. I think there will be some whale watching this week.

ducky

If folks did that, then that is real B.S.
Easy hike from Sugarbush Village area up Village Run (flat) across the Castlerock Connection (also flat) and you're there. From CR, Bailout goes to HG. Parking at the top of Upper Village Drive was a nearly flat walk over. Never knew anyone who did it, though it would have been low effort.

Cheetah440

When you say down, did people have to get hauled off?
Skied LP today and Valley House was stopping a lot and for mult mins each time. They need snow badly. Groomers were ok early, any bump run has boiler plate in the troughs, good practice for taking the top of the mogul lines. Moonshine was skiable, lapped it a few times. It’s not great but icy moguls are better than groomers. Birch at 1:30 was sheet ice with non binding man made all over. Slidebrook wasn’t bad, a little powder on a crusty but edgeable base. The base is there we need a good synoptic event badly. Hopefully second half of Feb delivers.
Yes. Generally good conditions with the exception of some trails, especially Paradise. North Ridge went down again today with people on it… shocker.

cdskier

When you say down, did people have to get hauled off?

No...they were eventually able to run it and clear the line after it went down.

Beautiful views this morning at ME. The groomers were really nice first thing as well. Some of the nicest cord I can remember skiing in quite some time. Natural trails mostly need some snow. The base is there for the most part, but the bumps need some refreshing and are getting a bit slick on many runs. Best natural trails at ME today were Walt's and Semi-Tough (particularly the top 2/3 or so of them). The bottom of both Walt's and Semi-Tough still have some nice waterbars that could use some more snow to fill them in. Finally skied a groomed FIS for the first time in many years. I prefer it bumped up...

DS7_3827r.jpgDS7_3851r.jpgDS7_3832r.jpgDS7_3883r.jpgDS7_3921r.jpg

urungus

Anyone riding Sugarbush today? Thinking on Sunday there

Here is my report from today

IMG_5843.jpeg

Hope you are all familiar with the Charlestown Chiefs from the Paul Newman movie Slapshot, number 16 is Hanson brother Jack. Also killer mustache:
IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_5986.jpeg

IMG_6059.jpeg

Note open glass bottle of booze cradled in right hand:
IMG_6069.jpeg

Last edited:

WinS

We i
And when did CR get RFID Gates?! :oops: I know some old timers would have hooked them up to a truck/ATV and yanked them out. :ROFLMAO:
We installed Axess gates on all lifts a few years ago.. Sunapee had just purchased them when they were purchased by Vail, so we bought them at a disount. There were three reasons for putting them on all lifts. 1). It did prevent the few who got by the lower gates and skied free. 2) it gives us good data about where guests are skiing, 3). If one gets lost we can see the last lift ridden to help in the search.