• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

It is going to be the best skiing of the year. I am going to hit MRG sunday and burn my last day on the 3 pack I have. Saturday early should be prabaly 3 to 5 and building I bet. we will see when i wake up.

erdb1

It is going to be the best skiing of the year, and 3 out of 4 lifts are down at Mt. Ellen. Summit is closed for maintenance, NRX is broken again, waiting for parts and Inverness was never fixed. Chances are good that GMX will crap out as well. Can't wait to see the spin in the next blog post!:mad::mad::mad:

cdskier

It is going to be the best skiing of the year, and 3 out of 4 lifts are down at Mt. Ellen. Summit is closed for maintenance, NRX is broken again, waiting for parts and Inverness was never fixed. Chances are good that GMX will crap out as well. Can't wait to see the spin in the next blog post!:mad::mad::mad:

What is there to spin? Summit was temporarily closed late this afternoon, but the report doesn't say it will be closed tomorrow (in fact, the icons of lift status show it open). So for now at least I'm assuming that is just a temporary issue that will be fixed by tomorrow. So there's 1 lift to explain (NRX). And as has likely been discussed previously, you can't keep a spare of every single part on a lift. Yes it sucks that it is the major lift there...but again...shit happens.

Inverness they point blank said weeks ago they weren't going to fix until the off-season.

hovercraft

One would think they would just replace the lifts instead of having groundhog day year after year…..

erdb1

What is there to spin? Summit was temporarily closed late this afternoon, but the report doesn't say it will be closed tomorrow (in fact, the icons of lift status show it open). So for now at least I'm assuming that is just a temporary issue that will be fixed by tomorrow. So there's 1 lift to explain (NRX). And as has likely been discussed previously, you can't keep a spare of every single part on a lift. Yes it sucks that it is the major lift there...but again...shit happens.

Inverness they point blank said weeks ago they weren't going to fix until the off-season.
Are you the one coming up with the marketing BS for Alterra? You're good at it!

Well, the report didn't say Summit would be open either. You'd think it'd be an important detail to clarify considering two other lifts are definitely broken.
"Inverness they point blank said weeks ago they weren't going to fix" this is your best one so far!:ROFLMAO: It wasn't just weeks ago, it was at the beginning of the season. And how is that an excuse? I suggest next year they should just point blank say they're not going to fix any of the lifts! At least that'd be true.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Well, the report didn't say Summit would be open either. You'd think it'd be an important detail to clarify considering two other lifts are definitely broken.
"Inverness they point blank said weeks ago they weren't going to fix" this is your best one so far!:ROFLMAO: It wasn't just weeks ago, it was at the beginning of the season. And how is that an excuse? I suggest next year they should just point blank say they're not going to fix any of the lifts! At least that'd be true.
They have a lot of work to do with the lifts over the next few years….

cdskier

One would think they would just replace the lifts instead of having groundhog day year after year…..

I'm sure Stowe has never had a single lift issue even with their new lifts, right?

Sugarbush already has plans to replace NRX. What more do you want? From an age perspective, it isn't something any mountain would already have budgeted or planned to replace prior to this point.

I'll still maintain as well that the lift issues in general are blown out of proportion. I ski a lot of days here and can't say I've had many days over the past dozen or so years that I've been a passholder that have genuinely been negatively impacted by mechanical lift issues.

I'm not sure what is so difficult for you to understand. They said the issue with Inverness is something that cannot be easily fixed mid-season. Unless you're a lift mechanic that somehow knows differently, what would you like them to do? The only time Inverness being down is an issue is if GMX goes down. It is a slow, redundant lift that serves a minimum amount of terrain. All the terrain off Inverness can be accessed from GMX. Yet somehow this is the end of the world for you?

And as for Summit..it actually did reopen at the end of the day today after the temporary closure. They just never bothered to update the text in the report (I've been on record here as saying they've been terrible at updating the report this year...so I'm not one bit surprised by that).

djd66

As far as lift issues at Mt Ellen, I really could care less about inverness. Given it’s primarily a gmvs lift, I guarantee you it will be dealt with in the off season. I never use it, so I don’t really care.

The lift I do care about is NRX. For me, it probably my favorite lift on the whole mtn. (North and south) I’m honestly sick of all the excuses for this lift - and I’m not just talking this year,… this goes back a few years pre-alterra.

the replacement of this lift should be a top priority. I know they have talked about it, but it should have been scheduled by now.

I get it, there’s like a week left in the season at Mt Ellen, so who cares? All I know is we have had so many completely shit days with awful conditions and now we actually have what are the best conditions in multiple years and my favorite lift is down again.

cdskier

As far as lift issues at Mt Ellen, I really could care less about inverness. Given it’s primarily a gmvs lift, I guarantee you it will be dealt with in the off season. I never use it, so I don’t really care.

The lift I do care about is NRX. For me, it probably my favorite lift on the whole mtn. (North and south) I’m honestly sick of all the excuses for this lift - and I’m not just talking this year,… this goes back a few years pre-alterra.

the replacement of this lift should be a top priority. I know they have talked about it, but it should have been scheduled by now.

I get it, there’s like a week left in the season at Mt Ellen, so who cares? All I know is we have had so many completely shit days with awful conditions and now we actually have what are the best conditions in multiple years and my favorite lift is down again.
Hindsight is always 20/20, but I agree that NRX should have been a priority (and to me was more important to need to be replaced even before HG).

HowieT2

I stayed away from castle rock bc I didn’t want to wait. Skiing was great everywhere. World class powder day. Unusual that there was little wind. I got to the mtn at 7:30 and when I got back to the car there was easily a foot plus on it.