• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Lotso

Nothing but rain so far in the Valley, with some flakes mixed in. Dusting on the mt

Radar shows a big wraparound so this is still in flux

mikec142

As posted in the Alterra Sucks thread, another marketing mis-step IMHO. It would have been better not to have responded.

img_1663-png.62399
If that picture showed more, it would show my responses. While I tend to agree with you that SB should just not respond, there are a decent handful of folks who are just plain insufferable jerks. He had it coming. And you could argue (weak argument) that the response was just trying to be helpful.

She seems to have deleted her post, but one person demanded to know who was doing the social media response for Sugarbush because she didn't approve of the response. I literally laughed out loud and wrote back that it's Tom from accounting.

cdskier

If that picture showed more, it would show my responses. While I tend to agree with you that SB should just not respond, there are a decent handful of folks who are just plain insufferable jerks. He had it coming. And you could argue (weak argument) that the response was just trying to be helpful.

She seems to have deleted her post, but one person demanded to know who was doing the social media response for Sugarbush because she didn't approve of the response. I literally laughed out loud and wrote back that it's Tom from accounting.
I don't have a problem with Bob's post. It may be a bit sarcastic, but overall it isn't wrong. If it was wrong, there wouldn't have been all the people even on this forum that were caught off-guard with the full details of the plans. On the other hand there are people in that post blindly defending Sugarbush as if they communicated this flawlessly. I have more issues with those people and find them much more obnoxious.

FWIW...the post you're referring to and your responses are still there. You might not have "all comments" selected on the FB post though. "Most relevant" hides them. I did get a chuckle out of the Tom from accounting comment this morning along with the person that thought you were serious.

mikec142

I don't have a problem with Bob's post. It may be a bit sarcastic, but overall it isn't wrong. If it was wrong, there wouldn't have been all the people even on this forum that were caught off-guard with the full details of the plans. On the other hand there are people in that post blindly defending Sugarbush as if they communicated this flawlessly. I have more issues with those people and find them much more obnoxious.

FWIW...the post you're referring to and your responses are still there. You might not have "all comments" selected on the FB post though. "Most relevant" hides them. I did get a chuckle out of the Tom from accounting comment this morning along with the person that thought you were serious.
Sure. I agree with that. However, Bob (and others) can’t seem to let it go and have been gleefully attacking every single social media post made. It comes off very much like Karen asking to speak to the manager.

Hawk

Sure. I agree with that. However, Bob (and others) can’t seem to let it go and have been gleefully attacking every single social media post made. It comes off very much like Karen asking to speak to the manager.
I know a bunch of those people including Bob. They are all 20+ year sugarbush skiers and Bob is 40+. I know there are people on both sides but you would have to understand were some of these guys are coming from to fully understand their position. Their discord with Sugarbush runs much deeper than just this episode. It runs back to the cuts that were done during and afte covid. I am not going to judge them. I see both sides.

Hawk

someone here mentioned buying an HG chair... they said they will be selling them soon so watch their socials.
I saw that also but I did not see the price and where to purchase them. I already own a Valley house double chair that I paid $250 for. it is classic with wood slats. I restored the chair, installed all new stainless carriage bolts, sanded the wood slats and painted them vermont Green. Being original I feel that it is more nostalgic for me. The metal triple with the metal frame seats and pads would not be the same. Just my take. Wondering what they will charge. Last time the proceeds went to charity.
IMG_3025.JPG

Hawk

If you are refering to my post, I guess I must clarify. Trailboss used Bobs Post so I was taking about that to give it context but I defend the opinions of both sides. I think the timing is shitty but they have to shut things down to get the lift demo done by the time the plovers nest. I am sure you are like me and will use the IKON Benefit to go to Killington or else were this weekend and then be at Sugarbush on Monday for the Grift party and the eclipse.

Lotso

Power out at MRG. No SIngle or Double due to wind as well.

Check before you head up

mikec142

I know a bunch of those people including Bob. They are all 20+ year sugarbush skiers and Bob is 40+. I know there are people on both sides but you would have to understand were some of these guys are coming from to fully understand their position. Their discord with Sugarbush runs much deeper than just this episode. It runs back to the cuts that were done during and afte covid. I am not going to judge them. I see both sides.
Hawk, I appreciate the response and I completely get it. What I write below is most certainly not directed at you.

At what point does someone move on though? How many days/years does it take to get over it? I'm sure Bob's a lovely guy who I'd enjoy having a beer with. However, his childish fixation with trolling Sugarbush's social media is just that...childish. It's not just him. There's a whole slew of folks who became construction engineers, ski area operators, logistics experts, etc. in the past week.

Life is meant to be enjoyed. If those 20-40+ year Sugarbush skiers are so unhappy that they can't help but complain about it on social media, I highly encourage them to go somewhere else and be happy. I hear that Epic resorts have zero issues.

Sugarbush's faux pas' have been analyzed in detail. They aren't perfect. Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes or at least communicate the reasoning behind certain decisions better in the future.

mikec142

I saw that also but I did not see the price and where to purchase them. I already own a Valley house double chair that I paid $250 for. it is classic with wood slats. I restored the chair, installed all new stainless carriage bolts, sanded the wood slats and painted them vermont Green. Being original I feel that it is more nostalgic for me. The metal triple with the metal frame seats and pads would not be the same. Just my take. Wondering what they will charge. Last time the proceeds went to charity.
View attachment 62411
This is really cool and well done. I completely agree...the metal with padded seat doesn't have the same vibe. When I told my wife about Heaven's Gate being replaced and SB selling chairs she asked if I wanted one. My response was...where am I going to put it and how am I going to get it to NJ?

Cheetah440

If you are refering to my post, I guess I must clarify. Trailboss used Bobs Post so I was taking about that to give it context but I defend the opinions of both sides. I think the timing is shitty but they have to shut things down to get the lift demo done by the time the plovers nest. I am sure you are like me and will use the IKON Benefit to go to Killington or else were this weekend and then be at Sugarbush on Monday for the Grift party and the eclipse.
Plovers. I still can’t believe it’s because of plovers. And on that note, if you go to Kmart this weekend you’re going to miss pride weekend!!!!

I just can’t anymore with all of it.