• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

Today was when the flooding happened that closed Bethel Mtn Rd. and a bunch of damage on 100 and 107.

Hawk

I could have sworn I've always seen at least some chairs taken off of SB and GH every year. Here's what I found online about detachable lift maintenance that seems in line with what I remember hearing in the past.

OK, but that would happen later in the summer and in the fall. They wouldn't be testing for next year this early and especially when people are not supposed to be at work. That is why I was questioning the OP MikeC142 when he saying the chairs were still on the cables. They would not be off the cables this time of year in any circumstance unless they were replacing them or had an issue.

cdskier

OK, but that would happen later in the summer and in the fall. They wouldn't be testing for next year this early and especially when people are not supposed to be at work. That is why I was questioning the OP MikeC142 when he saying the chairs were still on the cables. They would not be off the cables this time of year in any circumstance unless they were replacing them or had an issue.

No, they usually start all that work as early as possible. I just looked back at some of the photos I took and on 4/28/18 I can see chairs on the ground around GH from a shot looking towards the base from Spring Fling. From a pic on 5/5/19 taken in the base area I see chairs on the ground by SB (that one is critical to do early since it needs to be done between ski season and mountain biking season). For SB they will start that work as soon as they switch to using VH full time. I recall last year that Super Bravo's last day was 4/21 to give them a head start on the work and they ran only VH after that.

Granted this question came up on 4/16, so even that would have been a tad early under normal circumstances and I wouldn't have even thought to question by that point not seeing chairs off. End of April/early May if nothing happened then it might have entered my mind to wonder about it.

stovepipe

Long Time SB skier here. Just throwing this out there. If the Bush wants to sell passes for next year ,the best thing (providing weather allows) is OPEN IT BACK UP! Of course would have to have the Gov's ok . Has been a very cool April, can't count the number of times I have woke up to find snow in the yard this month and I live at a low elevation up the road. In my humble opinion -you are not "killing grandma " by taking a few runs. Hope this collective stupidity ends soon.

Hawk

I would say that if you think your safe and want to do something like that, then if you get sick you forfeit your right to go to the hospital for help. That is a fair and equitable trade off in my opinion. No?

prsboogie

I would say that if you think your safe and want to do something like that, then if you get sick you forfeit your right to go to the hospital for help. That is a fair and equitable trade off in my opinion. No?
^this... they should have scanned all ID s during the protests this weekend and put them on a pay the full bill list if they get sick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hawk

Don't get me wrong. I more than anyone want to ski. I have even praised the poaching that some locals have done. But I do not live there so I am not going to travel and endanger others as much as I want to. Skinning by yourself and in secret is fairly safe for you, but as others have said, it provokes the weak minded into thinking it's OK to travel and do it.
But...If people can't understand the theory behind flattening the curve then you are not going to teach them. I now know 3 people personally that have died. I know at least 10 acquaintances that are in the hospital with uncertain futures. Most people will never understand until it affects them. They say 90% of the US has not been in contact with he virus at this point maybe even more. Do we want to just infect everybody and let the chips fall where they fall? That my friend is a tough moral and ethical question. People that are young, healthy and in shape with low risk might say fine....until they start loosing family members or someone they care about. It's easy to think this is nothing until it effects you. Myself, I am willing to wait it out and stay safe. I will not be selfish and put myself in front of the general overall good.

stovepipe

Man--- Is this the country that defeated the Nazi's in WWII and won the war in the Pacific? Is this the Country that sent a man too the Moon in the 60's? Is this the country that sent the British packing in 1776? My Dad was in a Sub during the second world war and have Revolutionary War Hero's buried in a Stowe. My guess is you guys have the similar story's in your family tree and I bet they are ALL rolling in there graves. This is PATHETIC. Time to get to work! Turn Off the TV ! OK Rant over.

prsboogie

Man--- Is this the country that defeated the Nazi's in WWII and won the war in the Pacific? Is this the Country that sent a man too the Moon in the 60's? Is this the country that sent the British packing in 1776? My Dad was in a Sub during the second world war and have Revolutionary War Hero's buried in a Stowe. My guess is you guys have the similar story's in your family tree and I bet they are ALL rolling in there graves. This is PATHETIC. Time to get to work! Turn Off the TV ! OK Rant over.
You should do a little history lesson about the Spanish Flu and how the first year there were very few deaths (relative to itself) and it was largely ignored and the following year just over 600K died in the us.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

stovepipe

Prsbooglie mentioned "History lesson about Spanish flu" Perhaps proper prospective on what's really going on . Dr.Gary G. Kohls has a great article posted in Globalresearch.ca . Some points he makes is look--- 7755 people a day die in the US. We are a big country. Allso discusses the fact how the PCR tests are crap. After reading many articles that say much the same I think he is right. Look the way life works you could put on your Gloves and face mask to "Brave a grocery store run" and trip and fall in the driveway.

Hawk

Do what you want my friend. Feel whatever way you want to feel it is a free country. All I am saying is I know people that have died. If you had the same experience you might feel different. But being isolated in the fair safe valley is not like being in the thick of it. Maybe we should all come up and visit you. I am sure there are others in the valley that would not be happy if Win opened and we all came flocking up there.

cdskier

Prsbooglie mentioned "History lesson about Spanish flu" Perhaps proper prospective on what's really going on . Dr.Gary G. Kohls has a great article posted in Globalresearch.ca . Some points he makes is look--- 7755 people a day die in the US. We are a big country. Allso discusses the fact how the PCR tests are crap. After reading many articles that say much the same I think he is right. Look the way life works you could put on your Gloves and face mask to "Brave a grocery store run" and trip and fall in the driveway.

LOL. That guy is an anti-vax nutjob. So I'm not going to waste my time even reading a word he has to say about our current situation.

Oh...he's also a 9/11 conspiracy theorist.

WWF-VT

You joined this forum in 2006 and have 8 posts. After 14 years you've got nothing better to add than this ?

"Globalresearch.ca, a conspiracy theories spreading website operated by Michel Chossudovsky's Centre for Research on Globalization"

Last edited:

tumbler

So are you protesting at the State House to let all the out of staters in?