The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 632

AlpineZone

Page 632 of 701 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7003
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I know it says no grooming. But it seems like they did make a quick pass this morning on a few trails. There’s no way that much cord is still showing from yesterday. And if you follow those paths you’re finding the softest snow today.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I saw one on spring fling this am I’m happy with my decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

I think the trail count going down to 20 does not mean that the closed trails will not open tomorrow. Usually they close the natural trails so that they don't get all tracked up and rutted and stay more preserved. They wait for it to harden back up so at least they are smooth. Maybe not as good as last weekend but at least not totally destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I think the trail count going down to 20 does not mean that the closed trails will not open tomorrow. Usually they close the natural trails so that they don't get all tracked up and rutted and stay more preserved. They wait for it to harden back up so at least they are smooth. Maybe not as good as last weekend but at least not totally destroyed.
    From what I saw today on the mountain, we need some natural snow before most of the closed trails will reopen. Maybe some of the closed trails have a skiable line or two, but there’s a ton of bare ground showing through now on many of the trails that had been open on only natural snow.

Here’s looking up OG from DS today. And it has been raining more today since I skied this morning.IMG_5627.jpg

And here’s steins and lower bird land as of this morningIMG_5626.jpg

Meanwhile yesterday OG looked like thisIMG_5618.jpg

The good news is temps are dropping and the webcam looks like it has changed to snow up top

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    If you do the math they are $139 holiday and $129 regular.
    Thank you for answering...but what does "if you do the math" even mean? Is it seriously not posted on the site?

For those curious folks wondering why I'm asking, their PSIA member rate has been 50% off the window rate. I'm not cruising up to the mountain in my Jaguar paying walk-up rates when the skiing is good lol.
    2019-2020 19 days and counting...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23 Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13 Pico: 12/19 Mohawk: 12/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Thank you for answering...but what does "if you do the math" even mean? Is it seriously not posted on the site?

For those curious folks wondering why I'm asking, their PSIA member rate has been 50% off the window rate. I'm not cruising up to the mountain in my Jaguar paying walk-up rates when the skiing is good lol.
    Do the math means if you go to the advanced online sales and use the rates listed and percent savings for each price listed you’ll be able to figure out the window rate.

In the past the window rates were posted online, but not sure if that changed for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post

LOL - that cracked me up.

Two things....

First off, they would need a cardiologist in residence next To the ticket window if they actually posted those but I digress...

Second- ahhrgg! I almost can’t look at the carnage. But I am glad you sent it so we know what is going on. Prob be up there regardless anyway. That is all...,

Scummy if the window rates are not posted on the website -- I couldn't find them. Customers (and potential customers) go the the web site for INFORMATION, and there is a lot of information pushing the product on the site. Just not the actual price of consuming the product in the form of a day of skiing. Boo to Alterra if they are responsible for the deception of cloaking the price until the guy shows up at the window with family in tow. What, turn around now?

Not a very good showing in the "honest Vermont" category. Little steps in the wrong direction add up quickly.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 10.41.59 PM.png

Sh*t. I am turning into SB87. Time to turn in and sleep it off.

If you go to the website to find the price of tickets it's your own fault if you don't find the option to "Buy Online" and save anywhere from 10% to 45% off by purchasing in advance.

Thread Information