• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

Seriously. For him to be such a shortsighted selfish prick and then reveal he has an immunocompromised person in his immediate family is absolutely wild. The depth of the selfishness among some of the people on this board is insane.

STREETSKIER

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b58f0a2180d622685c1dd2a29f7604b2.jpg

Last edited:

ktrerotola

Well. Killington is now closed March 15-22 and sounds like today will be MRG’s last day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WWF-VT

FWIW - skiing would have really sucked today. Cold, windy, 20 degrees and the snow they groomed last night is ice packed corduroy.

ktrerotola

FWIW - skiing would have really sucked today. Cold, windy, 20 degrees and the snow they groomed last night is ice packed corduroy.

Skinned up Ellen today and all chatters on the way down. Icey AF. But the sun (and sweat) felt good. IMG_2004.jpg

MorningWoods

Skinned up Ellen today and all chatters on the way down. Icey AF. But the sun (and sweat) felt good. View attachment 26600

Was nice to be outside. But man it was eerie being on fresh, albeit it frozen, corduroy without a soul around In the middle of the day on Sunday in March. Looking at the long range, looks like a crappy run for the next couple weeks.

flakeydog

Stages of narcissistic grief:

Disbelief- This is not happening, no one does this to me. You are all crazy
Denial- I don’t care what you read/saw. It’s not true because I (and only I) would know (because I know everything)
Deflection- they are doing this to save money or screw someone over
Blame- it’s (fill in the blank) fault because they suck and just want to f%#k people over for no reason
Victim stage- they are doing this to ME. They don’t care about ME. Blah blah blah, me me me. (insert red herring about how bad my life is because of this here)
Lashing out- you all don’t get it! I was screwed and you all don’t care. You are all probably in on it.
Revenge- no one does this to me and gets away with it! If you were a man you would compensate me ( but the hell with everyone else!)

Take care of yourselves and those around you. This ain’t getting better anytime soon. Let’s not make this harder than it needs to be.

JimG.

Staff member
The Soviets would love the sentiment. This isn't selfishness. This is practical utility speaking.

I have an immunocompromised daughter in strict self isolation. I fear for her life and her peril is real. In no way do ski area closures make me feel the slightest bit better. I see it as cynical in an ugly way with no beneficial effect at all.

I try to avoid hyperbole but you are truly a world class moron.

SkierDude

Win just announced that your quad pack is good til 12/24/20. Good enough for you you asshole?

Hey,
I know Orca has said some egregious things, but maybe we should all try to calm down just a tad. Jim said in another thread just now that nothing will improve if all we do is yell and insult each other. I agree with you don't get me wrong, but I think if we try and talk slightly more civilized we will be more productive and maybe even Orca will stop posting because you are feeding him fuel to argue with you.

Cheers,

Slidebrook87

Everyone, just chill. It’s obviously a stressful time and the best thing we can do is just help everyone get through this while ensuring that they are healthy. It will pass by soon enough. Have a little respect in times like these, and all times for that matter.

KustyTheKlown

Everyone, just chill. It’s obviously a stressful time and the best thing we can do is just help everyone get through this while ensuring that they are healthy. It will pass by soon enough. Have a little respect in times like these, and all times for that matter.

Go to smuggs asshole.

tumbler

Big ripple effect on the local businesses here. Let’s do our part and support them. Buy some gear in the ski shops, sales are underway. Get takeout food and keep spending. Support the resort when anything is able to reopen there.

BenedictGomez

Get takeout food

I'll have the coronavirus soup to start, and viral venison for my entree.

I do feel for the small business operators of America, but the very last behaviour I'll be engaging in is ordering from a restaurant over the next month.

KustyTheKlown

dont recall my specific source because ive been consuming an unhealthy amount of journalism this weekend, but i read earlier that cooked food does not pose much of a risk, and if you limit the delivery/takeout interaction as much as possible its relatively low risk behavior. people gotta eat.

that being said, we are ready to cook for the next two weeks. our little freezer is stocked with meat. we got a sous vide recently, which is nice.

cdskier

Big ripple effect on the local businesses here. Let’s do our part and support them. Buy some gear in the ski shops, sales are underway. Get takeout food and keep spending. Support the resort when anything is able to reopen there.

I picked up a new pair of skis at Alpine Options on Saturday. Was looking for something to replace my probably about 10 year old Volkl AC-50s for use on those firmer days (which this year was far more than I would have liked). Last weekend I demo'd the Volkl Deacon 84s (essentially the replacement for the AC50) from the mountain. Went into AO this Saturday and told them what I had and what I was looking for. The Deacon was one of the choices they suggested, but also said the Salomon S-Force Bold was worth checking out and might pleasantly surprise me. They set me up with a demo pair of them and I ran back to the mountain for a few more runs (having no idea those demo runs would end up being my probably last runs of the season). The skis really impressed me. They had no problem holding an edge even on the scraped off spots of Ripcord where you could see the groomer treads. They were also a bit lighter and more playful than the Deacons. Anyway, went back to AO and said I wanted them. They didn't have any brand new ones left in the size I wanted, but gave me a great deal on the demo pair (same bindings as the retail version and had only been taken out a few days this year).

Quite a bit of inventory still left though and I was thinking about them (and other local businesses) today and how much they will be impacted by this.