• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

HowieT2

Not that I want it to move, but if they did don't you think just across from the bottom of FIS next to looking good would be awesome? A big deck looking up FIS and Back diamond would be a fine alternative.
I think the question of how the decision will be made is an odd question. I mean it is Win's mountain and Ellen is mostly not on public land. He decides what he wants and does it. That is how the decision gets made. I would hope he ignores all the winey Mellon heads when the bitch about how things used to be. HA HA

no, I like it right by the lifts there. just needs to be bigger. and new bathrooms would be nice.

benski

fwiw-I like the glen house just where it is. dont think the view up the mtn could be duplicated elsewhere.

I think moving it closer to the GMX might allow for better views towards the valley, and a little more space between summit and the Glen House is a good thing. A structure more appropriate for wedding could be useful, and might help keep people away from the Base Lodge. I also think GMX has a lot of potential for Mountain Biking.

HowieT2

So I have a question for all of you and for Win from the resorts perspective. How do you like the reusable plates and bowls in the gatehouse cafeteria? Is it working out for the mtn?
I think its great and hope that its at least competitive cost wise with the disposable stuff. Any chance the plastic cutlery is next to go?

my daughter is finishing her first year of college and her school only has disposable plates and cutlery. she hates the food situation and I think that's in large measure due to not having real plates and silverware. eating on paper plates with plastic cutlery every meal is depressing, I think. I've been trying to cut back on my use of single use items at my office but its not easy.

Newpylong

I have many fond memories of "hiding" in the Glen House while supposed to be running gates in the mid 90s. I say keep it right where it is, expanding towards the South if need be.

WinS

So I have a question for all of you and for Win from the resorts perspective. How do you like the reusable plates and bowls in the gatehouse cafeteria? Is it working out for the mtn?
I think its great and hope that its at least competitive cost wise with the disposable stuff. Any chance the plastic cutlery is next to go?

my daughter is finishing her first year of college and her school only has disposable plates and cutlery. she hates the food situation and I think that's in large measure due to not having real plates and silverware. eating on paper plates with plastic cutlery every meal is depressing, I think. I've been trying to cut back on my use of single use items at my office but its not easy.

It is a bit more expensive but it is working. We do find that plates are disappearing and some people are throwing them in the trash. That is why we are experimenting with having people leave their full trays and we will do the sorting. We have been piloting this in the GH the past few weeks and it seems to be working well.

Hawk

Smashing morning out there. Sunny 50 light winds.........NOT! I am gonna wait out the monsoon and get out there at some point. I guess the good news is its got to get better. #skiitnomaterwhat

STREETSKIER

The "Sugarbush Thread"

93ec9370a3724933da46e6c4b5a8555d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
378d36cddeb7079207f4f1400637dd80.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk

That looks encouraging. Too bad we can't get to the top. Looking out my window right now at Spring Fling there is probably 3 skiers. We are hold off until noon. I am sure it will be fine. LOL

teleo

But Hawk, it's snowing out! Seriously, it beats raining. Will be out at some point with my daughter. Gotta get to 50 and 40 days each. Or, at least close down the condo. Can't buy good weekend weather this spring.

skiur

But Hawk, it's snowing out! Seriously, it beats raining. Will be out at some point with my daughter. Gotta get to 50 and 40 days each. Or, at least close down the condo. Can't buy good weekend weather this spring.

This time of year I would rather rain than snow, in rain at least the snow is soft.

HowieT2

It is a bit more expensive but it is working. We do find that plates are disappearing and some people are throwing them in the trash. That is why we are experimenting with having people leave their full trays and we will do the sorting. We have been piloting this in the GH the past few weeks and it seems to be working well.

Thanks.

Hawk

Not necessarily. Sometimes it freezes and you get dust on crust. But in this case you are correct. we got out at 11:45 and the rain stopped all the way to the bottom with light snow and we skied until after 4. Sun came out at 1 it warmed up a bit and it was actually really good. The new snow mixed with the groomed mush and made it pretty consistent. We preferred Steins because spring Fling, snowball and lower organgrinder were pretty sticky. Steins skied really nice. Many laps.

teleo

Yesterday turned out good. Way better than expected. Birdland was good too but lower grinder was as sticky as snowball. Had to ski fast so the sticky stuff wouldn't slow you down. If that makes sense.

Hope it's not frozen solid today. Allready put away the stiff skiis.

mikec142

Thanks for posting this picture...I think the latest I've ever skied SB was last season on 4/1. Two weeks before they had winter storm Skylar which dropped 60 inches and even after a warm weekend the mountain was 100% open. So interesting to see what it looks like this time of year.