• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I think that there was a loss of Senior skiers to other lower priced senior pass mountains inVT and that with the success of the Boomer Mid Week pass and the $$ being spent on the VH chair, Win wants to put as many people as possible on the mountain, young, old , families, college age, , middle age, or whatever, it does not matter.
Agree with the comment about competitive pressure. Also, since the boomer bulge is passing through that age range, it matters. Even if they didn't ski, they still sit at the vacant chairs and drink overpriced cups of coffee, or brewski with their friends swapping lies. I'm also seeing more boomers opening their wallets to treat their entire family of kids and grandkids to a day or a weekend holiday.

The hardest part is getting the customer in the door. Besides, they're not about to wear out the bullwheel from overuse!

cdskier

I think that there was a loss of Senior skiers to other lower priced senior pass mountains inVT and that with the success of the Boomer Mid Week pass and the $$ being spent on the VH chair, Win wants to put as many people as possible on the mountain, young, old , families, college age, , middle age, or whatever, it does not matter.

My Dad turns 65 this winter so will be able to take advantage of this next year. He's thrilled and ran into Win one day on the mountain at the end of last season after this was announced and personally thanked him. Win explained that they ran the numbers and saw that they had a very low number of season pass holders currently in the 65-69 range, but a significant number of skiers above that range. His thought was that if they lose the people in the 65-69 group due to high pass prices that they won't come back when they hit 70. So they figured if they lowered the age to 65 it might increase the number of pass-holders in that range and help keep them there for the long run.

jimmywilson69

Those pictures are great. Really shows how much more room will be at the top of that lift.

The mall looks relatively unchanged as well.

ThinkSnow

From the website-- colors starting to change up top.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-09-09-VH-foliage-005.jpg
    2015-09-09-VH-foliage-005.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 367

cdskier

I'll be up there this weekend and will try to grab some pics of the progress too...