The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 542

AlpineZone

Page 542 of 593 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 5926
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I thought Saturday at Lincoln Peak was quite good. I actually commented how I thought the groomed runs were some of the softest I had seen in quite a while. I also thought the natural trails had minimal ice and were in decent shape (actually ice isn't even the right word for what I did find as it was more just a couple hard-packed firm spots but not true ice)...
    With closing in on 65 days mostly at the Bushy, I couldn't agree more with Fri/Sat conditions for comparison at South. Both sunny bluebird for the most part and very confident setting a big ole groomer edge. Had two separate crews from neighboring resorts so with Bravo going down was an initial bummer but that got resolved in good time and all had a blast.

Regarding the fly-over, We're honored to have known a couple of these pilots for a very long time. Many more that we've known over the yrs own condos at the Bush..big representation by the Green Mountain Boys so sometimes a fly-by here is a hats off to the Bush.

Last edited by Julius; Mar 5, 2019 at 6:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    With closing in on 65 days mostly at the Bushy, I couldn't agree more with Fri/Sat conditions for comparison. Both sunny bluebird for the most part and very confident setting a big ole groomer edge. Had two separate crews from neighboring resorts so with Bravo going down was an initial bummer but that got resolved in good time and all had a blast.

Regarding the fly-over, I'm honored to have known a couple of these pilots for a very long time. Many more that I've met over the yrs own condos at the Bush..big representation so sometimes a fly-by here is a hats off to the Bush. Ya might see em fly over next Wed/Thr.. not promising, just sayin.
    Cool pic - it really was amazing to see of these things scream by, seemingly just in front of me, turned sideways (wings in vertical orientation). I'm also really glad I don't have to fear it when I see one in the sky

Live for today

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsis View Post
    Cool pic - it really was amazing to see of these things scream by, seemingly just in front of me, turned sideways (wings in vertical orientation). I'm also really glad I don't have to fear it when I see one in the sky
    I will say, that the Friday/Saturday fly overs made the girls racing in the U16 states on Inverness/Brambles feel like the World Cup racers at Killington in November!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

The "Sugarbush Thread"

[QUOTE=KustyTheKlown;1018255]lincoln peak is always ice city. they overgroom it, and a lot of the essential connectors (like the trails you take from super bravo to heavens gate) are a high traffic glare ice nightmare.

i won't ski lincoln peak anymore unless its a powder day. the experience is better in every single way at mount ellen.

i saw fighter planes on saturday at
    Lincoln peak
    Yes very icy north is a better bet ( insert barfing sound effects)
    Sent from my iPhone using
    Last edited by STREETSKIER; Mar 5, 2019 at 3:52 AM.
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

I know that my assessment is a little rosy but Krusty's is the other end of the spectrum. I will say that where I skied was absolutely fine. I ski all trail edges and in and out of the woods. Yes if you skied the middles of the trails, then you got ice and considering the weather history over the past 2 weeks, what would you expect. It has nothing to do with over grooming....and you have to remember that snowmaking ended over two weeks ago so It is what it is.

I skied good edgable snow on trail edges and north facing woods both days at Ellen and Lincoln and they were both the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

I skied good edgable snow on trail edges and north facing woods both days at Ellen and Lincoln and they were both the same.
    And they're still there and skiing quite well all week. Key is north-facing as south-facing woods are crusty. Groomers all morning before hitting the trees today and they were excellent too.

I know this has been discussed in here somewhere BUT, safest route to Bush off 89N heading from NH would be??? Inquiring minds want to know. Also not sure if anyone will be around on Friday but I could have a pair of tickets for $100 if someone needed a pair, essentially BOGO - prepurchase today is $107.10. DM if interested.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    I know this has been discussed in here somewhere BUT, safest route to Bush off 89N heading from NH would be??? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Having done this literally hundreds of times, I now usually take Exit 4, up 12A and over the Roxbury Gap. Depends on recent freeze/thaw, mud season, whether better to ride or get off 89, etc. Can take exits 3, 4, 5, and 9 with very little difference in the end drive times, +/- maybe 10 min. Safest is probably Exit 9 and down (Rte 2 to) 100B to 100 - all paved with longer but higher speed stretch of 89. That said if 89 is slow, get off earlier. Most scenic is Exit 3 to Bethel/Rochester Mtn Rd and up Rte 100.

I have been making the drive from south of Boston into the valley 20 - 25 weekends a year for the last 9 years
    I have tried all possible options from the south exit 3 to route 107 to 100 , Exit 4 to 12a to Roxbury gap, exit 5 to lovers lane to Roxbury gap,and exit 9 to 100b to 100 into the valley.
    In my opinion they all within 15 minutes of the same drive time.
    Your question is the safest route. exit 9 to 100 b stays on all paved state Roads without dealing with gaps or passing through Granville gulch. This is my go to route at night or in inclement weather

Quote Originally Posted by mrvpilgrim View Post
    I have been making the drive from south of Boston into the valley 20 - 25 weekends a year for the last 9 years
    I have tried all possible options from the south exit 3 to route 107 to 100 , Exit 4 to 12a to Roxbury gap, exit 5 to lovers lane to Roxbury gap,and exit 9 to 100b to 100 into the valley.
    In my opinion they all within 15 minutes of the same drive time.
    Your question is the safest route. exit 9 to 100 b stays on all paved state Roads without dealing with gaps or passing through Granville gulch. This is my go to route at night or in inclement weather
    AGREED!! I'm a dork and have timed it out. Exit 4 and 5 are almost the same. Exit 9 is by far the safest but yeah, costs you 15 minutes.

Thread Information