The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 722

AlpineZone

Page 722 of 813 FirstFirst ... 222622672712720721722723724732772 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 8122
    Unfortunately, Chez Henri is not open for lunch at all this year.

Is that confirmed? I heard that Henri is back and they were going to open for lunch this week and on the weekends. Did that change?

I called on Friday for a guest and that's what Bernard told me.
    Last edited by ducky; Feb 18, 2020 at 5:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I called on Friday for a guest and that's what Bertrand told me.

Like so many, they have had difficulty getting enough staff. This is a shame, because that was a very special place to have lunch after a morning of skiing.

Just curious, why are Summit and Slide Brook run so slow? Inverness runs much faster than Summit even though they were both built the same year and have the same components. Slide Brook isnít really slow, but considering it could go 1,100, Iím surprised it doesnít run at at least 950. It seems to run at about 900. Itís a 13 minute ride at 900 and 10 minutes at 1,100. 13 minutes isnít too bad, but just curious to hear the reasoning behind this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Like so many, they have had difficulty getting enough staff. This is a shame, because that was a very special place to have lunch after a morning of skiing.
    Well if Bernard can not open then they must be short. Sorry to hear that.
    I agree totally. What they have there is something very special, straight out of Europe and is lost at most places in the US. I was in Zermatt this past week and did a sit down lunch pretty much every day. It is what they do. One of the days we stopped at Chez Verony and it was run by an older man not unlike Henri. I laughed when he wanted my phone to take pictures. Zermatt is a magical place that every skier should experience at least once.
    IMG_6256.jpg
    Last edited by Hawk; Feb 18, 2020 at 5:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Anyone know of an app that shows a winter satellite view (with snow)?
    Have you tried FATMAP? It shows winter views and you can track via Strava or FATMAP.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I agree totally. What they have there is something very special, straight out of Europe and is lost at most places in the US. I was in Zermatt this past week and did a sit down lunch pretty much every day. It is what they do. One of the days we stopped at Chez Verony and it was run by an older man not unlike Henri. I laughed when he wanted my phone to take pictures. Zermatt is a magical place that every skier should experience at least once.
    IMG_6256.jpg
    I skied zermatt for a week on spring break when I was studying abroad in Paris in 2002/2003 and it was amazing. I would love to get back there

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    IMG_6256.jpg
    We are headed to Zermatt next Thursday and will be there for a week. Doing sit down lunches at Chez Vrony and Zum See as well as a few dinners in town and plans to hit the big Apres spots like Hennu Stall, Papperla Pub, etc.

Any advice on good terrain? I've heard good things about the Stokhorn area and have a few other notes in a Google doc but Zermatt is so massive and the Euro's seem to be extra groomer-centric.

I skied Zermatt in 2016, but at that time I wasnít a great skier. The lunches are awesome, but they definitely eat into your ski day.

Thread Information