• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

ducky

Re woods: Monday's very dense 4-6" really helped. It was also not an elevation snowfall and Steins got as much as Ripcord. Did some trees at CR (hiked) and off HG and CR on Tuesday, but really the lower angle woods were better and you did not find as much shwack. One note; MRG's woods are trimmed each year whereas SB's, being GMNF, are not - it makes a difference. Remember that some natural trails like Tumbler and Cliffs only just reopened due to base depth, though in comparison, Lower Birdland is covered.

Yesterday was particularly nice under blue skies and Ripcord had been groomed. Guns running all day on Steins, SF, and Snowball.

Conditions are very good considering how little snow we've had. Day 50 for me.

bdfreetuna

wooooo girlfriend is bailing on this weekends plan, which allows me to smuggs and mad river. sick.

I'm gonna be real curious to hear how Smuggs is doing with the passes I'm holding. I assume pretty darn good. Too bad about your GF, I bet she was gonna love sitting in MRG base lodge watching you lap single chair all day ;)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Liftblog.org reports that Inverness will run in place of GMX based on this from the SB Report:

A message from Win Smith - "As many of you know, this summer the Green Mountain Express Quad was hit by lightning. All issues associated with the lightning strike have been resolved, except an issue with a component that controls the electric motor. As a result, we have been running GMX on diesel fuel since opening day. In an effort to balance the guest experience with our environmental values, we have decided to run Inverness and Northridge as the 8:00 AM lifts Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays moving forward. GMX will still run Thursday – Sunday. We apologize for the inconvenience, but believe this is the correct short term solution until GMX can be brought back on with electric."

rocks860

I’m heading up on the 8th of February for my yearly week at sugarbush, can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhskier1969

I skied SB Thursday and Friday and since I am not skiing this weekend I'll tell you what skied well. Down low, I would recommend hitting Lexi's and Moonshine. Both had nice soft bumps the past two days. But probably get skied out by noon Sat. Woods are in Play above 2,000Ft. but especially about 2,500. If you are going into Slide Brook, entrance one skied really nice, got a bit thing at the very bottom. 2nd entrance again skied well, but after the cat track I would say you got 500ft vertical before its real thing. At Castlerock, Castle rock run, Cotillion ski really good. Middle earth was bumped up pretty good but you have the normal choke point on middle earth 2/3rds the way down. By Friday afternoon both headwalls on Liftline are down to rock. I didn't hit any of the woods around Castlerock but there is enough snow in there, just take it slow.
Have fun.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
From this afternoon's snow report:

Slide Brook Express opens Sat. Feb 1st from 10:00AM - 3:15PM.

Where's our friend SB87 now??? Maybe he just can't contain his excitement!

Hawk

From this afternoon's snow report:

Where's our friend SB87 now??? Maybe he just can't contain his excitement!

I foresee Slidebrook riding his beloved lift back and forth all day with a huge smile. I will pause a minute today just after pinball alley and watch the lift to see if he goes by. ;-)

WinS

I foresee Slidebrook riding his beloved lift back and forth all day with a huge smile. I will pause a minute today just after pinball alley and watch the lift to see if he goes by. ;-)

In Walt's having an Eggterminator :thumbup:

smac75

Hahaha good one

Orca

And glorious light shall shine down from Heaven as angels sing Hosannas on high.

KustyTheKlown

I'm gonna be real curious to hear how Smuggs is doing with the passes I'm holding. I assume pretty darn good. Too bad about your GF, I bet she was gonna love sitting in MRG base lodge watching you lap single chair all day ;)

Not the smuggs thread, but to answer your question - it was great! Very happy with my decision today. nice chalky snow, great coverage in the woods, some untracked lines taboot

800E558D-A60D-48FF-99F1-433A2C6E82E5.jpg
C6C68556-6514-45BF-AD62-48B273F6DE89.jpg

F4A15AD8-34CC-4A17-BEE2-25B88E01A8DD.jpg
CC1B4C9A-F457-443A-A9B3-F35272A73BBD.jpg

Attachments

• 26AF3BF5-6158-4FF0-8FB6-3CDD841AF6C4.jpg
    26AF3BF5-6158-4FF0-8FB6-3CDD841AF6C4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited: