• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

skiur

I have to worry about my ski house now, over the summer there is basically nothing in it so not that worried, but it has everything in it right now, and the town is a ghost town so I worry that when I come back up someone will have cleaned it out.

Slidebrook87

2a3b487067393524b319a1e7d0bf88db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinnoke

HaHa...Free Press writes (start of 5th paragraph in above full article:) "top speed - 11,000 feet per minute..." WOW, that's FAST!

Slidebrook87

HaHa...Free Press writes (start of 5th paragraph in above full article:) "top speed - 11,000 feet per minute..." WOW, that's FAST!

Lol. Noticed that too. It’s supposed to be 1,100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has already been discussed before. I don't get Sugarbush emails anymore for some reason (despite being a passholder for years), so I don't know if anything has been announced. Are the deadlines for the Ikon Pass still the original ones? I'm just sort of a little hesitant to put down 900 bucks per person in my family right now when I don't know when we'll be able to get on a plane again (or heck, the way things are going, even cross state boundaries for reasons other than just emergency home maintenance). I can't imagine I'm the only person feeling this way. I'm sort of wondering if the thing to do is just wait it out to the fall and then pick up relatively cheap pass to Bolton or something.

JimG.

Staff member
Apologies if this has already been discussed before. I don't get Sugarbush emails anymore for some reason (despite being a passholder for years), so I don't know if anything has been announced. Are the deadlines for the Ikon Pass still the original ones? I'm just sort of a little hesitant to put down 900 bucks per person in my family right now when I don't know when we'll be able to get on a plane again (or heck, the way things are going, even cross state boundaries for reasons other than just emergency home maintenance). I can't imagine I'm the only person feeling this way. I'm sort of wondering if the thing to do is just wait it out to the fall and then pick up relatively cheap pass to Bolton or something.

I've mentioned this before.

Maybe it's unfair to the season pass and megapass providers that people want more time to decide if a season pass for 20-21 makes sense or perhaps they don't want people to think about it too much and just pull the trigger and buy. Or maybe they want the early discount deadlines to pass and then people will have to pay more.

They are going to lose season pass business because people will not just plop down $1000 or so on the hope there will be skiing next season. And some then will not buy because if they buy later the price will be higher. And who knows if people will be able to fly and how much more will that cost?

I'm glad my deadlines are June 12th the earliest but even then who knows. I think ski areas are in for a rough ride.

Hawk

Already put my money down. I have faith that we will be skiing. I am not going to loose faith no matter what anybody says.
I do/did in the past, a good amount of construction for the Bio tech industry. Novartis, Biogen, Charles River, etc. I still have relationships with a bunch of people in the industry. These people are saying to me off the record that most likely by the fall they will at least have a much better understanding. They might even have a remedy with a few breaks. I will take what they say over the news wires any day. But I am not going to sit here and get all depressed. I can't.