• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

HowieT2

Who's putting a snowman on the mid mtn snow stake? 2cnd time this week I've seen one. Sorta cool though.[emoji3511]
9545842509ddb7f6f8ba3162eeb003ee.jpg
That’s awesome.

Hawk

You better not have jinxed this. Been waiting a while for a sat like that this yeat. How do I put the reverse jinx on?

Thought last weekend was going to last for the rock. Psyched thay moved some snow around. Although I'm fine with walking to the lift.
I don't believe on jinxing weather. I just go by what I see. Sunny or cloudy, it still will be warm. That is not going to change.

WinS

I’m doing sugarbush Saturday specifically for castle rock

It’s open today so its should last til the weekend. Win?

It should last through Saturday at least and hopefully Sunday. Patrol has been shoveling some snow to keep it going. With the rain coming in Sunday night, I suspect it and some other natural trails will be done, but we do have a lot of depth in many spots still.

The spur line is something to think about for the future but will see where it ends up of the long list of CAPEX wishes.

cdskier

I couldn't justify 5 hours of solo driving tonight after work to ski only tomorrow morning and then have another 5 hours of a solo drive home Saturday for Easter on Sunday. Next weekend I have my nephew's 1st birthday party, so my only hope is that we make it to Cinco de Mayo weekend so I can get a couple more days in. I already took off work the Monday after that weekend so I can relax and stay as late as I want on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed that we make it to then.

Cornhead

I couldn't justify 5 hours of solo driving tonight after work to ski only tomorrow morning and then have another 5 hours of a solo drive home Saturday for Easter on Sunday. Next weekend I have my nephew's 1st birthday party, so my only hope is that we make it to Cinco de Mayo weekend so I can get a couple more days in. I already took off work the Monday after that weekend so I can relax and stay as late as I want on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed that we make it to then.
It wasn't easy, 560 miles round trip, GPS sending me down flooded roads, but is sure was sweet, perfect spring skiing.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Tonyr

Sugarbush was great today. It didn't start raining until very late in the day, the morning was really nice. Coverage at Lincoln peak is still decent for this time of year. The run of the day for me was Steins. It's fully covered, all bumped up, and in great condition. I don't think that there is one patch of dirt showing on the trail. I was also able to make a run down Paradise as well the conditions/coverage was not nearly as good as Steins run. Other than short parts of Eden I stayed out of the woods, I think their pretty much cooked for the season. The photos below are all from Paradise. Don't let them fool you it was lots fun navigating though the rocks, streams, and dirt patches showing!

Tony20190419_132416.jpg20190419_132422.jpg20190419_132614.jpg20190419_132851.jpg20190419_132948.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using AlpineZone mobile app

Bumpsis

I scored a super nice spring day at Sugarbush this past Wednesday - snow froze overnight but with the wall to wall sunshine and rising temps, turned into a sweet corn fest and stayed that way for a long time up on top.
Pictures from Paradise
Sugarbush 4.17.19.jpg Sorry for the sideways upload - can't seem to fix that.
4.17.19 Paradise s.bush.jpg

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Paradise was my pick of the day with Domino a close second. The top of Organgrinder onto the bailout to Spillsville was some of the worst skiing I've done all year with blue ice and frozen cat tracks. But Paradise was super soft with bumps, thin cover, and running water on the lower section. Great spring skiing. Stein's was super super deep and SB should easily make their first weekend of May goal...hopefully they push it further. Still a bit too frozen for my liking...

Tomorrow and Sunday for K. Gonna do the PM shift tomorrow with less rain and Sunday looks like it'll be partly cloudy with temps in the 50s...can't complain about that...

WinS

I am glad everyone got out earlier this week because today may be the worst day of the season. The overnight rain left everything firm, fast and ugly. The key was to turn on the white where you can find it. Rain over cold snow creates terrible conditions. The rain paused this morning but is coming back for a bit and then it will clear out and we will get the groomers to work tonight so make things better for Easter Sunday. If the sun comes out tomorrow as it should, we will have a very different day and there is still a lot of depth on trails with snowmaking. The Easter service in on!

And congrats to MRG for opening for day 136, an all time record for the longest season in their 70 years.

Tonyr

I am glad everyone got out earlier this week because today may be the worst day of the season. The overnight rain left everything firm, fast and ugly. The key was to turn on the white where you can find it. Rain over cold snow creates terrible conditions. The rain paused this morning but is coming back for a bit and then it will clear out and we will get the groomers to work tonight so make things better for Easter Sunday. If the sun comes out tomorrow as it should, we will have a very different day and there is still a lot of depth on trails with snowmaking. The Easter service in on!

And congrats to MRG for opening for day 136, an all time record for the longest season in their 70 years.

We are not pass holders (maybe next year) but our family skied Sugarbush 7 days this year and had a great time every day we skied there. Thanks for making the mountain such a great place to be along your contributions here on this forum Win, see you next year!

Tony

WinS

We are not pass holders (maybe next year) but our family skied Sugarbush 7 days this year and had a great time every day we skied there. Thanks for making the mountain such a great place to be along your contributions here on this forum Win, see you next year!

Tony

Thank you, Tony. A much better day today and with the sun coming out it will soften up a lot better. Just about to head!