• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

slatham

Highly doubt they will fire up before their start date.

The start date has always been on or after Nov 1st which is part of this coming weekend (the article references Nov 4 but that was based on then current forecasts). Though I think its 50/50 they go this weekend. Killington and SR for sure. It'll be interesting to see if Mt Snow, Okemo, Stowe etc go. There are several windows Friday night through early/midweek next week.

Last edited:

ducky

Could see the frost line hovering around Allyn's Lodge elevation today. Was 43˚ at my house in Waitsfield at 1,100', despite what NOAA said.

Winter will come soon and Sugarbush will make snow when they are able to. Got deer hunting season to get through first for many.

Couple of interesting flyovers this afternoon; first a Bald Eagle, then shortly after, an F-35.

Hawk

I once was at the top of Heavens Gate and 2 F-35's flew over. One right side up, one upside down. They were so close that we could see their faces. I will never forget that.

teleo

Couple of the boys own condos at the bush so they liked to fly the f15s over. Must be training with the f35s now.

Slidebrook87

I just left the bottom of Bravo when they flew over and for a split second the sound of the jets mimicked the sound of the grips leaving the terminal. I looked back thinking it was something wrong with the lift only to see two fighter jets come soaring over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slidebrook87

I just left the bottom of Bravo when they flew over and for a split second the sound of the jets mimicked the sound of the grips leaving the terminal. I looked back thinking it was something wrong with the lift only to see two fighter jets come soaring over.

The instance I’m referring to was during the 2018/19 season I believe.

1dog

Same here on the low flying Air National Guard - also had them in close proximity on North Twin Mt a few summers ago. . . they were practicing maneuvers and what a show that was at 4300 feet. Felt like it was just for me and my hiking buds.

I bet GMB's wouldn't have much disagreement with PB's tenets:

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

1st time Ive actually seen their site. I'm sure they will be banned from most SM sites. Aaaah. . . freedom of speech.

Speaking of Ethan Allen - one of the best books I've ever read was the History of the White Mountains written by his wife, Lucy Crawford. He was the definition of tough.