• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

I am headed to Aspen next week. Does anybody know if Sugarbush pass holders are entitled to the Mountain Collective 50% discount at Aspen?

tumbler

imho-mtn biking expansion at the mtn especially easy flow trails like the ones at blueberry lake.

I agree that adding some easy flow type trails on the mtn would be great for more people to use them that are not very experienced. The easy trails are pretty difficult and were pretty intimidating for a novice rider.

djd66

I am headed to Aspen next week. Does anybody know if Sugarbush pass holders are entitled to the Mountain Collective 50% discount at Aspen?

I was there last year with my family and we all we able to use the Mtn Collective discount. Make sure to bring your pass!

MorningWoods

imho-mtn biking expansion at the mtn especially easy flow trails like the ones at blueberry lake.

My 9yo son did the MTB camp last year. They did an awesome job. Really great experience for him and can’t say enough good things about the instructors.

That experience led us to checking out other bike parks in the area. SB terrain is high intermediate to expert only. Some of the other areas definitely have some more entry level terrain. I have to imagine it’s the national forest issues that handcuff SB from doing to much work? Blueberry lake is a nice beginner trail network. There are some climbs though.

Also. A lot of the other resorts have a few more summer activities for kids and families. Killington has a bunch of stuff. Ropes course, zip line, some eagle thing that made me almost puke, tubes, etc. My daughter and I drove down there for the day while my son was at MTB camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinS

Yes. You just need to go the the guest service desk and show you pass and a photo ID

NYDB

I know its a ways off, but what would you guys expect to have open easter weekend this year? Do you usually only plan on running a lift or 2 or will you open everything that has snow? Weekend only?

cdskier

I know its a ways off, but what would you guys expect to have open easter weekend this year? Do you usually only plan on running a lift or 2 or will you open everything that has snow? Weekend only?

Daily until at least 4/21 per what Win said a week or so ago when someone asked about that week. If they scale back operations, it would be closing the Gate House side at Lincoln Peak. Gate House often closes mid-April, but with the direction it faces it also melts out quickly in the spring. CR historically runs as long as it has snow (last year it was still open and skiing beautifully April 21/22...but that's highly weather dependent obviously and wasn't exactly normal).

Hawk

Yes. You just need to go the the guest service desk and show you pass and a photo ID
Thanks Win. That benefit really came in handy this year at Squaw and now Aspen. First time going there. From what I have heard it is a really cool place with lots of options for both on and off the mountain.

WinS

Thanks Win. That benefit really came in handy this year at Squaw and now Aspen. First time going there. From what I have heard it is a really cool place with lots of options for both on and off the mountain.

It is place with four separate area. I have alway stayed in Aspen itself and personally enjoy Highlands the best. There is good bus service if you aren't driving. It has the most interesting terrain and what I think you would enjoy the most. They have had a really good snow year too. Enjoy!

WinS

We are planning to stay open everyday through 4/28 and then reopen for a final Cinco de Mayo weekend. Terrain and lifts will be scaling down after 4/14. If the snow holds we will likely run Bravo, Heaven's Gate and Castlerock through the 21st. After that we will need to begin summer maintenance on Bravo and will go to Valley House. If the terrain holds up we will keep HG and CR going with access across Reverse Traverse. Given the depth on Stein's, Coffee Run, Upper Snowball and Spring Fling those should hold up though 5/5 unless we get some incredible warm days and nights.

And, remember that on Monday, April 1st we go to spring hours. 10am-5pm midweek and 9am to 5pm weekends.

Last edited:

cdskier

Nice..I will be up 4-28 then...winter continues until further notice!

How long I go is going to depend on the weather and conditions I think. I made it to May at SB the past couple years and would love to do that again if possible. 4/27 I have my nephew's first birthday party and am debating what to do. If it is a beautiful spring weekend, I'd rather go up to SB. If the weather was iffy, then it makes more sense to stay home. Couple more weeks to figure that one out before the RSVP date lol.

Kleetus

It is place with four separate area. I have alway stayed in Aspen itself and personally enjoy Highlands the best. There is good bus service if you aren't driving. It has the most interesting terrain and what I think you would enjoy the most. They have had a really good snow year too. Enjoy!

Just got back from there last week and echo what Win says. Highlands is pretty amazing and tons of snow out there right now.

jaybird

.. what .. no groom on Sigi this morning?
That's OK .. we'll find a work around :cool:

WinS

No, the groomers spend time doing some other work around the mountain. Probably get to it tonight.