• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

josh59x

This might have been covered before and I missed it, but what happened to Valley House’s carpet? It’s so slow. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slidebrook87

This might have been covered before and I missed it, but what happened to Valley House’s carpet? It’s so slow. :(

Noticed the exact same thing. So many slows and stops. Rode it once but just rode Bravo for the rest of the day.

Slidebrook87

3de7d93880b659f60493e65d22fe0df7.jpg

Skied a lot today

josh59x

Noticed the exact same thing. So many slows and stops. Rode it once but just rode Bravo for the rest of the day.

Lift attendant said the carpet froze and snapped yesterday, may be down for the rest of season. Sad — SB + traverse faster when lines are reasonable.

CastlerockMRV

Slidebrook terrain was money today. So nice I had to do it twice. Also skied Castlerock 9-11 this morning and the cold kept lift lines there to as good as I've seen it on a Holiday Weekend in a long time.

I suspect tomorrow will be much busier on the hill with the warmer temps so we're headed to Mellen. Great conditions!!

urungus

Do you have one of those massive battery packs on your phone? Various LG and Samsung phones we own barely survive the cold, let alone can be relied on to run GPS the whole day.

I had problems with my iPhone shutting down in the cold and solved it by putting the phone in a mitten along with a hand warmer.

Slidebrook87

I just keep my phone (iPhone XS) in the pocket of my snow pants. About 60% by the end of the day.

WWF-VT

Great day on Mt Ellen today with the sunshine and empty slopes. No one else in sight on runs down Elbow, Cliffs, Tumbler and Hammerhead.

rocks860

Great day on Mt Ellen today with the sunshine and empty slopes. No one else in sight on runs down Elbow, Cliffs, Tumbler and Hammerhead.

How was cliffs? It was pretty fantastic when I skied it on Monday

WWF-VT

Everything today had the same conditions..hard pack...good stuff...

FWIW...I would call the groomers at Mt Ellen legitimate packed powder. Natural snow trails were a lot of fun too. Walt's and the lower part of Semi Tough were groomed which eliminated the water bars.

Last edited:

WinS

The carpet was frozen and damaged so we have to order material to fix it. It had to be slowed down and bumped like a fixed grip without a carpet loader.

WinS

Ok. To get ahead of question of why was GMX down for three hours midday? Amazed no one asked? The 5” diameter hose that goes from the motor to the exhaust to cool it started leaking. Try to find that on a holiday weekend. Our lift mechanics problem solved and made a temporary fix that got it running again at 3:30pm. Found a hose in New Jersey that is supposed to arrive at 1:00am. Will stay with temporary fix so no downtime tomorrow with scheduled opening 8am and will put in new hose when a bit less busy as it will take a vouokebif hours.

slatham

Ok. To get ahead of question of why was GMX down for three hours midday? Amazed no one asked? The 5” diameter hose that goes from the motor to the exhaust to cool it started leaking. Try to find that on a holiday weekend. Our lift mechanics problem solved and made a temporary fix that got it running again at 3:30pm. Found a hose in New Jersey that is supposed to arrive at 1:00am. Will stay with temporary fix so no downtime tomorrow with scheduled opening 8am and will put in new hose when a bit less busy as it will take a vouokebif hours.

Ha, the people on AZ who were at Ellen probably stayed upper mountain and didn’t even notice! Great to get in front of it Win. Couldn’t happen on a quiet Tuesday could it? I think Mt Snow management needs to attend Ski Area Communication 101 by Win Smith.

Slidebrook87

Ha, the people on AZ who were at Ellen probably stayed upper mountain and didn’t even notice! Great to get in front of it Win. Couldn’t happen on a quiet Tuesday could it? I think Mt Snow management needs to attend Ski Area Communication 101 by Win Smith.

I certainly noticed it, just forgot to bring it up. I had just gotten off the T-Bar and noticed a huge line at Inverness. I rode Inverness up to North Ridge and skied Elbow-Hammerhead back to Slide Brook. I rarely ride GMX as I really just use North Ridge and Inverness. I only ride GMX to get out of the base if I’m already down there.

Here’s the line at Inverness:
d2513e38369e3732a24f969997de969b.jpg