• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Went with the pâté to start and it was glorious. Going with the bolognese for dinner. I try to get here at least once whenever I’m here

I'm there so often Chris practically considers me family. Last weekend I had 1/2 Bolognese and 1/2 of the pasta special he had at the time for dinner (Orecchiette with Arugula pesto and house-made chicken sausage). So good...

rocks860

I'm there so often Chris practically considers me family. Last weekend I had 1/2 Bolognese and 1/2 of the pasta special he had at the time for dinner (Orecchiette with Arugula pesto and house-made chicken sausage). So good...

Well all I can say is that was the best meal
I’ve had in quite some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumbler

Summit snow stake has a sight for sore eyes this morning...keep it coming!!

STREETSKIER

today was sick got an early start lots of uncut runs right til lunch ,the wind really picked up but refreshed runs nicely did not go in woods didnt need to trals were prime.i did a grandstand and slashed the shit of of it great day

KustyTheKlown

^i wish i could ski weekdays more often. skiing empty runs of powder all day without needing to go to the woods for fresh is dreamy.

cdskier

Too bad this snow didn't happen last week when I was up on Friday. I'm sure tomorrow should still be pretty good though.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Hawk

First chair yesterday for us! A Very good day. We went straight up to Heavens Gate and skied Ripchord, Organgrinder and Spills. 8" of awesomeness. Temps dropped all day and the wind closed HG, Bravo and even the VH quad by 2:00. I have to admit some of the best skiing was poaching the closed domino and moonshine later on. 5 degrees and a light breeze this morning. Looking out this morning at 8:20 and they are 1/2 full on the main lot. Going to be a busy day.

rocks860

First chair yesterday for us! A Very good day. We went straight up to Heavens Gate and skied Ripchord, Organgrinder and Spills. 8" of awesomeness. Temps dropped all day and the wind closed HG, Bravo and even the VH quad by 2:00. I have to admit some of the best skiing was poaching the closed domino and moonshine later on. 5 degrees and a light breeze this morning. Looking out this morning at 8:20 and they are 1/2 full on the main lot. Going to be a busy day.

I drove by LP on my way out of town at around 945 and it was packed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee

I will say this... ski patrol is pretty generous with trail openings, meaning that if they have a trail closed, its closed for a reason. I would suggest NOT ducking the rope on Lower Birdland or taking any woods run that would lead you out onto that trail, as it was blue ice, prior to the 6" we got yesterday. Just take that into consideration before ducking any ropes. I doubt some southern mountains would drop ropes on just 6" of pow.

nhskier1969

Skied today, what a difference from last week. Mtn skied great. I thought Paradise skied fun, spillsville was pretty soft when I skied it. Sunrise and birch were in great shape.

Hawk

I will say this... ski patrol is pretty generous with trail openings, meaning that if they have a trail closed, its closed for a reason. I would suggest NOT ducking the rope on Lower Birdland or taking any woods run that would lead you out onto that trail, as it was blue ice, prior to the 6" we got yesterday. Just take that into consideration before ducking any ropes. I doubt some southern mountains would drop ropes on just 6" of pow.
That's right! Everybody listen to Shady.

cdskier

I drove by LP on my way out of town at around 945 and it was packed

Honestly for a Saturday it wasn't crowded at all on the mountain. I don't know if I waited more than 2-3 minutes for a lift at Lincoln... Maybe the cold kept some people in the lodges/bars.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Honestly for a Saturday it wasn't crowded at all on the mountain. I don't know if I waited more than 2-3 minutes for a lift at Lincoln... Maybe the cold kept some people in the lodges/bars.

Having the upper mountain lifts open helps a lot with the lift lines, especially at Bravo and Gate House. Had Heaven's Gate and North Lynx been on windhold, the base area lift lines would've been a lot longer. Today, that was the case, but it was Super Bowl Sunday and not as busy as yesterday was, so lift lines weren't that much of an issue.

That's right! Everybody listen to Shady.

I did hear today from multiple sources that a couple passes got pulled from those who skied closed terrain. Just throwing that out there... patrol is watching!

Orca

Having the upper mountain lifts open helps a lot with the lift lines, especially at Bravo and Gate House. Had Heaven's Gate and North Lynx been on windhold, the base area lift lines would've been a lot longer. Today, that was the case, but it was Super Bowl Sunday and not as busy as yesterday was, so lift lines weren't that much of an issue.

I did hear today from multiple sources that a couple passes got pulled from those who skied closed terrain. Just throwing that out there... patrol is watching!

Arrest Hawk's line-ducking ass, or at least pull his pass! His real name is Carl Spackler. I think he is from Wisconsin or something. Google him, you can find him!

Hawk

LOL I never thought of myself as a greens keeper but OK. Getting my pass pulled would be a fair consequence. I will take that as the cost of doing that type of business.

Last edited:

Hawk

You are right. No more reports. But it was not so much of a brag but more of a report of good conditions. I will tell you this, I skied much more sketchy conditions on the lower half of Castlerock yesterday then I did on those 2 runs. Castlerock had dirt, rocks showing, fast grass. You name it. There is no real reasoning on trail openings in my opinion. They are random as best as I can tell.