• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KD7000

Diggin' that 1st shot KD7000! :beer:
Thanks! Mt. Ellen was just so much fun last weekend. The snow above the "frost" line was remarkable. And I edited my post above, that shot of the woods was off the Inverness lift. Either Semi-Tough or Brambles. Both had extraordinarily good snow. Tracked out in some spots but the coverage was deep enough that you could find fresh lines.

Even more terrain available if you are willing to landscape a bit, and not hugely concerned with your bases.

IMG_20170129_131223422.jpg

Last edited:

bushpilot

Really? When I skied paradise on Sunday it was pretty rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over a foot of snow has fallen since then. It was butterlicious! Almost went back again today. Couldn't stop thinking about it.

The top part before you get to the glades was a little bumpy and scratchy but after that.......

Duncanator24

Over a foot of snow has fallen since then. It was butterlicious! Almost went back again today. Couldn't stop thinking about it.

The top part before you get to the glades was a little bumpy and scratchy but after that.......

This is exactly how was all Saturday and Sunday was on Paradise. The trail itself was garbage but Paradise woods were truly sublime. And with more snow I have to imagine it's continued to ride really well. Wish I could go back there this weekend!

Hawk

I-Yai-Yai. can we send any more people in the woods boys. You know the code. if you are good enough to find it then it's all goods PM him if you have to provide details but please don't post to the general public. You just sent every newb into that area. Good work.

kbird

Heading to SB very soon for the weekend, staying @ SB Inn, skiing both days - super stoked! :beer:

rocks860

I-Yai-Yai. can we send any more people in the woods boys. You know the code. if you are good enough to find it then it's all goods PM him if you have to provide details but please don't post to the general public. You just sent every newb into that area. Good work.

Yeah all those newbs who take the time to search the internet for a skiing forum, register for the forums and then navigate to to the 30th page of the sugarbush thread....

djd66

Yeah all those newbs who take the time to search the internet for a skiing forum, register for the forums and then navigate to to the 30th page of the sugarbush thread....

+1 - all the places being talked about are already on SB's fricken map.

cdskier

I was wondering how many newbs really are lurking and will see that too. I don't think anything mentioned is really that much of a secret. I knew about them all even without having been in some of them.

cdskier

+1 - all the places being talked about are already on SB's fricken map.

There are a couple that were mentioned that aren't on map, but I still don't think they are big secrets as they are pretty well known.

Hawk

Well if they didn't know then they do now. Just saying that the traffic in these places is getting heavier every year. It has always been the silent rule that these things wee not discussed on the internet. Hey do what you want.

WWF-VT

Heading to SB very soon for the weekend, staying @ SB Inn, skiing both days - super stoked! :beer:

Today’s snow report is way off. I just got in from skiing at Mt Ellen and it’s been a white out for hours. Easily 10+” of blower powder up high and it’s still snowing at 2:30 PM!

rocks860

Today’s snow report is way off. I just got in from skiing at Mt Ellen and it’s been a white out for hours. Easily 10+” of blower powder up high and it’s still snowing at 2:30 PM!

Let's just have this keep up for another month and I'll be very happy

KustyTheKlown

bummed that I deemed this weekend to be the "quality time with gf at home and Sunday day trip to the Catskills" weekend. NoVT looking prime as fuck right now

WWF-VT

Lower FIS mid morning today:

attachment.php

Brambles was "closed"....I didn't see my skis the whole way down:

attachment.php

Awesome sleeper powder day at MT Ellen

benski

Brambles is often closed due to the exit being obstructed by the race course. It reopens when the race course is cleaned up at the end of the day. Inverness is a good place to end the day for this reason.

WWF-VT

Brambles is often closed due to the exit being obstructed by the race course. It reopens when the race course is cleaned up at the end of the day. Inverness is a good place to end the day for this reason.

They have been closing it more because there are gates and training on Brambles. Today it was a ghost town on the whole Inverness area and the chair wasn't running. I know where I'll be headed at 8 AM tomorrow.....

bushpilot

They have been closing it more because there are gates and training on Brambles. Today it was a ghost town on the whole Inverness area and the chair wasn't running. I know where I'll be headed at 8 AM tomorrow.....

I'll be there at 7:45 then :razz:

Los

Damn did I pick the right day to use our warden miller vouchers. WOW. Probably our best day ever. I still can't believe it. I'll try to add a few more words later and maybe some pics...

Edd

Damn did I pick the right day to use our warden miller vouchers. WOW. Probably our best day ever. I still can't believe it. I'll try to add a few more words later and maybe some pics...

Please do! I've only skied Sugarbush a few times. A surprise foot of fresh at Mt Ellen sounds like a great time.