• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

mtsnow123

What? You got to make your own sandwich? So, they gonna just sling a plate of meat and cheese your way and say "finish it yo self"? How much you think that gonna cost? I predict $22, without mustard. Mustard be extra $$......

:cool:

I've heard from a MRV local that they don't want to step on the toes of the theater's restaurant (across the street), which has quite good food.

rocks860

I've heard from a MRV local that they don't want to step on the toes of the theater's restaurant (across the street), which has quite good food.

Love that theater. The food and drink is quite good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djd66

That sounds like a great business plan. They are opening a restaurant, but they don't want to make too good so they compete with another restaurant.

rocks860

So the snow report says no groomed route down from heavens gate. Does that mean they made snow on jester then just left it ungroomed? Or was snow made on the lower part of jester?

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Correct. I did not make it up there today, but saw the guns going on upper Jester. They had moved them around to hit various parts of the trail and to have enough capacity to light up Lower SB/Racer's Edge.

Was pleasantly surprised with my run on Downspout at 3 in the afternoon!

Hawk

That sounds like a great business plan. They are opening a restaurant, but they don't want to make too good so they compete with another restaurant.
In my opinion that is not the reason why they are not considering a full restaurant. At the Sugarbush Brewfest last spring, we asked the people at the Lawsons tent about the new brewery and if they were gong to have a restaurant. Their response was that restaurants are hard to make work and be profitable and there are so many good establishments in the valley already. They also said they are Brewers and will stick to what they really know. They will offer Charcuterie plates and breads so that people will have something to put in their stomach while tasting.

tumbler

In my opinion that is not the reason why they are not considering a full restaurant. At the Sugarbush Brewfest last spring, we asked the people at the Lawsons tent about the new brewery and if they were gong to have a restaurant. Their response was that restaurants are hard to make work and be profitable and there are so many good establishments in the valley already. They also said they are Brewers and will stick to what they really know. They will offer Charcuterie plates and breads so that people will have something to put in their stomach while tasting.

That makes sense but bread and cheese don't really cut it for bewery food. Maybe they will set something up with Big Picture where people can order food from them and they will run it over to them.

HD333

That makes sense but bread and cheese don't really cut it for bewery food. Maybe they will set something up with Big Picture where people can order food from them and they will run it over to them.

A tap room near me does bring your own food and they do small cheese and meat plates. They also have food trucks from time to time. Very successful set up.
Basically they focus on the beer. Adding a restaurant while good for the consumer sounds like it would be a nightmare for the owners and take away from the brewing.

rocks860

Stony creek in ct does bring your own food and usually has a food truck outside. They also let you get food delivered to the brewery from wherever.

cdskier

This is what I love about the MRV. A lot of the people genuinely care about their neighbors and don't want to step on other's toes.

Bread, meats, and cheeses is fine for me to go along with beer tasting...I don't need a full meal. I don't recall Hill Farmstead having a restaurant on site last time I Was there, yet they were plenty busy with just beer tasting.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Plenty of breweries go for the charcuterie route instead of a full service restaurant to control costs and mitigate risk. There are a few here on the NH Seacoast who do that.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

This is what I love about the MRV. A lot of the people genuinely care about their neighbors and don't want to step on other's toes.

Bread, meats, and cheeses is fine for me to go along with beer tasting...I don't need a full meal. I don't recall Hill Farmstead having a restaurant on site last time I Was there, yet they were plenty busy with just beer tasting.

hill had some guys shucking oysters, and some food truck, the last two times I went. food available but from independent proprietors allowed to sell at HF

mtsnow123

Plenty of breweries go for the charcuterie route instead of a full service restaurant to control costs and mitigate risk. There are a few here on the NH Seacoast who do that.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

If you want to see this done well, Foam Brewers in Burlington, VT. They have grilled cheeses one day of the week, but the meat and cheese boards are all from local farms and well worth the money. All of the breweries in Burlington on Pine Street (excluding Citizen Cider), have lite fare, i.e. hot dog, braut, or pretzels. If you make good beer, make it, not food.

ThinkSnow

If you may recall, Heady Topper was founded as a beer occasionally brewed in the Alchemist restaurant, which became so popular, they decided to brew/can it separately. Sadly, hurricane Irene decimated Waterbury, and the restaurant was lost, so the Alchemist's HT continued as a brewery alone.

tumbler

If you want to see this done well, Foam Brewers in Burlington, VT. They have grilled cheeses one day of the week, but the meat and cheese boards are all from local farms and well worth the money. All of the breweries in Burlington on Pine Street (excluding Citizen Cider), have lite fare, i.e. hot dog, braut, or pretzels. If you make good beer, make it, not food.

This is all I was thinking. Perfect beer food.

rocks860

Well so far gatehouse area snow has been pretty nice, stuff off of bravo not so much. Also it’s pretty frigid