• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Nice shots. There was an awesome alpin-glow this morning as I was walking into work at LP, but it was colder than I anticipated and didn't stop for the shot. Have gotten plenty of good ones over the years. My favorite photos are still from the top of ME looking north along the Ridge, and the top of Heaven's Gate during an inversion. After working here for almost 10 years (and skiing/riding here since '91), the views never get old!

Duncanator24

Sorry, it's a couple days late... but for what it's worth here are a copule pics that I snapped in the 3:00 hour on mt ellen just after it had finally stopped snowing... my son is in the distance in the second and third... It was seriously an absolutely amazing day (followed by the worst weekend, but I won't bore with you that)

View attachment 21749View attachment 21750View attachment 21751View attachment 21752View attachment 21753
Nice looking pics. Way better than my phone takes! Definitely borrowing one of these for a desktop background.

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

This is one of my favorites I've taken
68418f1d1a7b87af65d9ed765acc1632.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
smac75 (and others)...
As of 2/1, we are done making snow for the season. Our last push included the base area, Coffee Run, Sleeper, lower half of Spring Fling, upper half of Downspout, and VHT. We've got our spring routes and others pretty heavily covered with snow. In fact, the piles are still there on Downspout coming down from Bravo to Grinder flats. It doesn't make sense to make snow at this point since, well, you know, it's dumping out, and more is on the way. With President's Week starting on Saturday, we are in really good shape, much better than last year.

Most of us snowmakers have moved on to other departments... myself, I can be found on lifts all over LP.

Well, this is an interesting but disappointing morning. All lifts are down except Castlerock, which has maybe the longest line I've seen in a while. It was very amusing, and oddly heartening, to see all the people treking up from the bottom this morning as the wind whipped the snow around. Wind-hold be damned I guess. I think it may be time to invest in some touring gear.

benski

Well, this is an interesting but disappointing morning. All lifts are down except Castlerock, which has maybe the longest line I've seen in a while. It was very amusing, and oddly heartening, to see all the people treking up from the bottom this morning as the wind whipped the snow around. Wind-hold be damned I guess. I think it may be time to invest in some touring gear.

And your are only allowed to skin/hike up racers edge-snowball-jester or pushover.

cdskier

And your are only allowed to skin/hike up racers edge-snowball-jester or pushover.

Makes good sense to define one uphill route for everyone to use on each area of the mountain. A free for all with people going up (and down) any trail could be ugly.

benski

Makes good sense to define one uphill route for everyone to use on each area of the mountain. A free for all with people going up (and down) any trail could be ugly.

Good point. Just they are not close to the easiest way to get to CastleRock. A route up coffee run-lower jester would make ceslerock much more accessible.

WWF-VT

I did get in 4 runs off the GMX at Mt Ellen this AM before it went on wind hold. It's been snowing and blowing all day so tomorrow should be fun.

gostan

I got darn fed up waiting until the lift closures were firmly announced by Win. I have to believe that it was definitely a complete safety issue, but there was a meltdown in communication to the many who were waiting in extremely cold and windy lift lines. Many day ticket holders. TReeskier and I relocated to MRG and had a wonderful day skiing; other than the longest lift lines that I remember seeing at the single chair lift.