• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Thanks for posting this picture...I think the latest I've ever skied SB was last season on 4/1. Two weeks before they had winter storm Skylar which dropped 60 inches and even after a warm weekend the mountain was 100% open. So interesting to see what it looks like this time of year.

Just look at the webcam on their website (pretty sure that pic posted was just a screenshot of it) :p

There's also a nice view from across the valley of both LP and ME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehASyl3MnLk

(The recent snow the past couple days made the mountains look pretty white again once you get a few hundred feet above the base)

mikec142

cdskier,

Thanks...actually didn't really occur to me to look at the webcams. Frankly, once my season is over, I tend to stay away from the webcams because I know that it will make me want to do something stupid like anger my wife by heading up north for the weekend. ;)

Actually, while we are on the subject, I'd love to see a more extensive webcam network. Not sure of the costs to install and maintain, but the happiness it would bring me would be worth it. What say you, Win?

STREETSKIER

I look at all the cams all over to check current conditions even though I live right here yesterday I watched the clouds lift and went up for a great afternoon
ce64a34c49297392358fbfb089bca038.jpg
5e1a93288ffcfe15ae904b404bb39cca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gladerider

was there yesterday at 10. the conditions were firm. with a few places with untouched cords. was great. the sun started to beat down hard, by around 1130 we were moving slush. the cords started to slow us down. stein way was fantastic. i saw this couple taking their son and daughter down stein way. they couldn't have been more than 4 or 5. they were having fun. my daughter and i called it quits about 1230. then around 2, on our way home, we saw rain starting to move in. i think SB has enough snow to last another few weeks. this week's colder temp prolly extends another week or so. was a great finale to our season.

Julius

I don't particularly like getting mail as it's usually a bill or junk mail, etc. So when I saw an official looking envelope from Sugarbush today, I thought..what did I do now? Haha.

Well I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. A letter with the simple acknowledgement of skiing 60 plus days at the Bush this season. Much appreciated, thanks Win!

We'll be there this wknd!

c49dd2b458c1607877ebb0f580731f28.jpg

mikec142

I love this kind of stuff. Customer service and true interaction with customers/clients/patients is sadly (for the most part) a thing of the past.

Kudos to Win and the Sugarbush team for taking the time to acknowledge some of their best customers.

rtjcbrown

I love this kind of stuff. Customer service and true interaction with customers/clients/patients is sadly (for the most part) a thing of the past.

Kudos to Win and the Sugarbush team for taking the time to acknowledge some of their best customers.

I agree. A little bit goes a long way.

Keep on doing the right thing Win!

Hawk

I did 60 days this year but 20 were out west or at other places. This is pretty cool that they took the time to do that. I have to say that based on what I here from so many other places, the value of being an independent area is really large. They really seem to care and it shows.

skiur

I did 60 days this year but 20 were out west or at other places. This is pretty cool that they took the time to do that. I have to say that based on what I here from so many other places, the value of being an independent area is really large. They really seem to care and it shows.

Do many other places do something like that? I know K does it for the 100 day club, 60 seems much more attainable for the average person. Unless you live in a ski town it would be real tough to make 100. Anybody know of other mountains doing something similar?

slatham

I don't particularly like getting mail as it's usually a bill or junk mail, etc. So when I saw an official looking envelope from Sugarbush today, I thought..what did I do now? Haha.

Well I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. A letter with the simple acknowledgement of skiing 60 plus days at the Bush this season. Much appreciated, thanks Win!

We'll be there this wknd!

c49dd2b458c1607877ebb0f580731f28.jpg

Class act!

machski

Well, I can assure you SR does not do this. In fact they can't, they do not even have a system to accurately count individual skier days.

I really enjoyed the fact of receiving thank you emails for visiting when I skied with my Ikon at Sugarbush this year. I realize some of that was marketing to have me come back (which I did but would have anyway) but it still was a nice touch. Did I mention I love RFID systems? So smooth and easy for direct to the lift and I can only imagine the benefit of that type of data for the areas, lift usage, skier numbers, patterns. Some might say too much data, but I have to imagine it allows better info for future investment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

rtjcbrown

A pie in the sky question for Win: If permitting and money were no object, what major project/expansion/improvement would you like to do at the ski resort?

thebigo

What is going to be my best option if driving up from NH on Sunday, is the route from exit 5 fully passable in a forester?

tumbler

Roxbury gap still very muddy and rutty even though it says reopening on the 1st. Bethel Mtn rd still closed also from flooding.

Hawk

Take Exit 3 follow 107 to 100 it is a little shorter than going all the way up to exit 9. Roxbury is still very muddy and it is going to rain tomorrow again.

WinS

A pie in the sky question for Win: If permitting and money were no object, what major project/expansion/improvement would you like to do at the ski resort?

My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
New Glen House Lodge
Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
More employee housing
Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
Replace Inverness lift
Expand ME base Lodge
Renovate Sugarbush Inn
Renovate SHARC
New vehicle maintenance building
New golf clubhouse
Some additional summer activities
Replace Bravo in 5 years.
And that’s only some of the items.

slatham

My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
New Glen House Lodge
Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
More employee housing
Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
Replace Inverness lift
Expand ME base Lodge
Renovate Sugarbush Inn
Renovate SHARC
New vehicle maintenance building
New golf clubhouse
Some additional summer activities
Replace Bravo in 5 years.
And that’s only some of the items.

Yikes!

I don't think your being ambitious enough ;-)