• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Amazes me how many people I overheard this morning that were surprised gate house was the early lift.

Conditions on gate house weren’t too bad. We’ll see how the bravo side is once it opens and see how things progress throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

Amazes me how many people I overheard this morning that were surprised gate house was the early lift.

Conditions on gate house weren’t too bad. We’ll see how the bravo side is once it opens and see how things progress throughout the day.

Our Groomers did the best job possible and finished faster than we expected so Bravo got open by 9am. They had a really tough time climbing. Some human grooming throughout the day, 1-2" of fresh snow and the grooming should come out a lot better tonight. I actually enjoyed Snowball, Spring Fling, Murphy's and Lower Grinder. Going out for some more.

cdskier

Our Groomers did the best job possible and finished faster than we expected so Bravo got open by 9am. They had a really tough time climbing. Some human grooming throughout the day, 1-2" of fresh snow and the grooming should come out a lot better tonight. I actually enjoyed Snowball, Spring Fling, Murphy's and Lower Grinder. Going out for some more.

Thought the Gh side skied better than bravo. Bravo side getting very chunky. Hopefully some human grooming breaks it up. Overall actually a bit better than I expected today given the weather challenges.

tumbler

Getting better with human grooming chewing up the chunkies. Did about 10 runs and called it early. Lots of people, so little space. Tomorrow should be better.

cdskier

Getting better with human grooming chewing up the chunkies. Did about 10 runs and called it early. Lots of people, so little space. Tomorrow should be better.

Think I’m making this my last run. Probably around a dozen for me. Snowing good now. Hope this keeps up. Every little bit sure will help.

WinS

Full grooming plan tonight with two shifts. Hopefully we get a bit more snow to mix in. That will make a big difference. Probably will not have enough time to get to Stein's, though, but will get Ripcord and Birch and Cliffs. Will definitely we a better morning and earlier will be the best. It is the final day of Blazers so we are opening GH at 8am for them and the Blazer Families in place of the annual luncheon party in the VH. Bravo and GMX as normal will be open at 8am for everyone else as will GMX. Winter is definitely back for at least the next several days and the base is still deep. I hope many of you enjoy the final Grift party tonight and/or the Tour de Moon skin up to Walt's.

cdskier

What a difference a day makes!

pinnoke

+1 The "character built" by persevering Saturday's demanding, firm conditions, was rewarded with a very enjoyable day, Sunday. A second groom after the most recent thaw/freeze cycle, and the inch of new natural snow combined to noticeably improve surfaces, while the sun did its best to provide a nice-looking day. Far fewer people also resulted in more relaxed runs, though you still needed to stay attentive to the hardpack, of course. Bottom line is that after the challenges presented and by Saturday's frozen surfaces after the recent warm-up and light rain, Sunday's continued cold conditions seemed much easier to handle, and enjoy. Ski the East!

Hawk

We have friends trying to plan coming up on April Vacation week 4/15 to 4/19. We were wondering how long Sugarbush is planning to keep midweek operations going this year. Win would you be willing to let us know your thoughts on this? I know that it differs from year to year.

tumbler

We have friends trying to plan coming up on April Vacation week 4/15 to 4/19. We were wondering how long Sugarbush is planning to keep midweek operations going this year. Win would you be willing to let us know your thoughts on this? I know that it differs from year to year.

They are traditionally open midweek then, at least I hope that is the plan, we are planning on being there for the vacation week especially with the current snow depths. A couple years ago we were still in upper mtn woods and it snowed!

WinS

We will be open midweek at least through 4/21.

rocks860

How are things looking currently? I have to go to a wedding this weekend but I was thinking about making the trek up next weekend for one last trip for the season as I’m pretty busy going forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumbler

The northwest winds have me a bit concerned about Saturday, not a good direction for the lifts. Still going up and we'll take it as it comes.

STREETSKIER

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Storm for sat forecasters are calling for 6-12 “of heavy wet snow , but Sunday warms up should be fun no matter what north will be the place right ?this week so far has been excellent sunny crisp turns, today it got corny in the sun I went up gate house after lunch did one run then back to bravo
8745a97b72d8368d17fa8384961f0d10.jpg
e718117d69c8cbf7cbdf39616c8847a3.jpg
677407e1b4a1b2b18edd496e730cb02f.jpg
d879c209b6bfa8f987078ea08bcc2f6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWF-VT

I did the 2:00 - 4:00 PM shift at Mt Ellen today. Sunny with the temperature around 30 degrees at the summit. A few spots were close to "spring" skiing with the sun. There is still almost 100% cover on every trail with more snow on the way. Glad to be here through the weekend.

Julius

Got out early, took little longer than expected for the hill to unlock in those sunny areas but by the time we hit Castlerock just after noon (upper top leg CRrun was groomed) it was nice and soft. Look fwd to the impending snow fall.

Last edited:

HowieT2

Got out early, took little longer than expected for the hill to unlock in those sunny areas but by the time we hit Castlerock just after noon (upper top leg CRrun was groomed) it was nice and soft. Look fwd to the impending snow fall.

What about middle earth?

Julius

Didn't hit MEarth unfortunately, day 12 consecutive on the tele's so I tend to stay with a sure thing when I find it (esp. at my age) if you know where I'm coming from..Liftline was juicy skiers left.

mikec142

Oh lord! I was just in Utah this past week (without the fam). Trying to justify a trip to SB (and the fam definitely ain't coming). You're killing me.